Another shipment of Klipsch arrives at my school......

cyclonecj

Outdoor speakers? Inside? I'm going to be getting a pair of those for under the eaves of my house. I heard them at a gas station the other day and was pretty surprised at how good they sounded. I could tell the exact model number but they were Klipsch, looked a lot like your pictures.

They fit what we were asking for, & were recommended by the same company

that setup the theater here, so we went with them. They also come in black, but

the practice rooms are white.

Very nice cyclonecj, very nice.... but one thing nags me with the reason why you went white...... Now when did Klipsch become part of the background and hide itself into the room (sounds to me like someone has been in the bose store a litte too much [;)] (no hard feelings, i'm just messing) but you should have got them in black to stand out and proudly display to everyone in the school what speakers they are and who built them KLIPSCH

I mean I got the RF-83 for a reason, I guess I should have brought some acoustimass......

be bold and big and badass in music and sound!

Diz: Yes, the practice rooms are 10x10. The main band room is 60x60, & I have a pair of Las in there, another pair in the Chorus room, & a third pair in the gym. Plus a set of 9 pro series in the theater.....[:D]

Jay: The band director picked the color, not me. However when they are mounted, I will be putting a long board, nicely finished, behind them for support. I have been talking to the autocad teacher about having the boards engraved with the Klipsch logo. I am hoping for something really cool looking.

Jay: The band director picked the color, not me. However when they are mounted, I will be putting a long board, nicely finished, behind them for support. I have been talking to the autocad teacher about having the boards engraved with the Klipsch logo. I am hoping for something really cool looking.

Bah that band director probably has bose........

Oh does he have a CAM Machine? That would be awesome to engrave your own Klipsch Logos out of anything then.

Bah that band director probably has bose........

That's funny.. YES he did have Bose.....

That was before I placed the gym Las in his room for storage. When I went back

to get them a week later, they were hooked up & he refused to let them go.

I ended up having to get him a set, & later sold him my extra pair of Heresy's

for his home. He & his wife (also a teacher here) love them & rave

about them constantly.

Yes, we have a computer controlled CAM

engraver.....but its not big enough for a 6' board. I may have a sign made

similar to the ones we got last year at Indy.

Hi cyclonecj-

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Its interesting that your larger spaces have La Scalas. Prior to assisting the local band director with the acquisition of La Scalas I posted the following in search of advice: Music playback in band room.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/621550/ShowPost.aspx

Someone had suggested a Bose surround-sound system costing several thousands of dollars. When he told me that the budget was $2,500, I nearly choked, prior to telling him that we could rock the house for half of that. After buying a pair of Cornwalls through a forum memberthe deal collapsed immediatelyI bought two of the four abused La Scalas referred to in the following thread: Four abused Lascalas need a good home sold, http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/616881/ShowPost.aspx

It all worked out for the better. The La Scalas are better suited to the band room and the Cornwalls are better suited to their new owners home.

How and where are your La Scalas located in the rooms? Does your band director feel a need for more bass? Im considering the Bass Reflex Mod For LaScala?

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/644842/ShowPost.aspx, but question the value as long as theyre perched on top of the lockers.

Since the photo in the Four abused thread that shows the La Scala on the instrument lockers, Ive persuaded the director to allow me to angle the speakers toward the center and to elevate them in the back so that they fire down into the space, rather than over everyones head.

Please pardon my curiosity, but if youre not the band director, whats your connection to the school? My connection to the local band is that of a parent of one former and one current band member who also wanted the band to have the best possible sound for the least amount of expenditure. At the very least, I wanted to spare the students from Bose.

In both the band & chorus rooms, they are on the floor at the front of the

room. Bass is not a problem, since the rooms are only a few years old &

have all the right acoustic treatment. The chorus director has been wanting to

raise his about 3 feet since the chorus usually stands on risers. I was able to

pick up all 3 pairs for under $600/pr. Two of the pairs are

industrials.

I am actually the computer tech for the school district, but

I spend most of my time at one school. A few years ago, the principle here

asked me to check the gym sound system. It was using an old 1960's powered

mixer & a pair of VOTT's in the wall. Seems it worked the first day of

school, but would not work that night for a game. When I checked it, one of the

VOTT woofers had been on fire, and the crossover in the other was in the same

condition.

Gym thread

Thanks for the explanation and the link to the gym thread. I found that thread very interesting. The principal is lucky to have you as an audio resource.

Slightly OT, but how do I rename a link like you did with the gym thread? If it can be easily explained here, I'd be grateful. Feel free to send an email or PM.