Censcala project underway...

chops

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You've been busy. Is that particle board? May I ask why you didn't go with mdf? (Cats sure do love it when you open boxes huh? Bet he was as excited as you. Love that about cats).

Yep, it's particle board. I didn't build that last night. That's an old sealed 4 cu.ft. sub enclosure I built a while back for a 15" Dayton subwoofer driver. Back then, no one around here sold MDF. Since I no longer use that sub, I pulled the Dayton out and stuck a Pyle Pro PPA15 driver in there. Surprisingly enough, it doesn't sound half bad like this! [:o]

And yes, at one point, all five of my cats had to come and check out the boxes. It was kinda funny. Everywhere I turned to, there was a mew near by sniffing around and sticking their little paws in trying to open things up. Silly kitties. [:D]

Just a little update...

I have had my system playing non-stop for 24+ hours now, 20 hours of which I had a theater pipe organ CD playing which has loads of heavy midrange and lower treble information in it to really work out the new squawker and tweeter. This is actually a very good CD to break in loudspeakers I think.

Anyway, since I got home from work today, I have been playing all types of music, both regular 2 channel CDs and some SACDs. Right now I'm listening to Pink Floyd's DSOTM on SACD and have to admit, the center channel, even with the mis-matched Pyle PPA15 woofer, sounds pretty darn amazing if I do say so myself.

I now have the CT125 sitting vertical just so it aims up a little more towards mt listening seat.

post-15109-13819297799504_thumb.jpg

Well, I guess I'm back to square one looking for an empty Cornwall cabinet again for my center channel, or just use what I've got until I can find someone locally to attempt it for me.

I've tried contacting Tom a couple of times via email and PM this week without any response, although he's been on the forum several times throughout the week.

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it anymore or bother him anymore.

Happy happy joy joy... [:|]

Make #1 with two 15" woofers, a K-400/401 just above and a K-77 tucked

in below and K-400 and between the woofers, possibly long axis

vertical.

The original point behind going with the Pyle horn was to get the sound of the K-400 with the total depth equal to or less than the Cornwall's K-600 so I could put it in a cabinet. But all of that is about to change as well.

By this coming Tuesday, I will have three Altec 511B horns sitting across the front of my room, replacing the Pyle horns. I am now thinking that I will be building the center channel in two pieces; a high frequency section and a bass bin.

It's probably a good thing that that Tom Mobley dude just disappeared instead of actually helping me with this project. Because now it would have to be revised to acomidate the 511B horn.

However, it is still EXTREMELY RUDE that TOM MOBLEY just stopped replying to my email for no apparent reason whatsoever. Doesn't say much for him.

But anyway...

Hello Hello Helloooooo

Anybody home?

I've sent you several messages and emails this week too. Haven't heard back.

I have no new PMs here. Please email me direct at tmoble at gmail

daught cahm. I haven't forgotten you, just been wondering why no

answer. I'll send you another PM here now, but I have no faith that this BBS will actually deliver it.

It's probably a good thing that that Tom Mobley

dude just disappeared instead of actually helping me with this project.

Because now it would have to be revised to acomidate the 511B horn.

However, it is still EXTREMELY RUDE that TOM MOBLEY just stopped replying to my email for no apparent reason whatsoever. Doesn't say much for him.

Tom, i wouldn't worry about it... it is probably a good thing you

went on vacation. I don't believe those public comments show you

courtesy nor appreciation for your offer.

Leaves you more free time to enjoy your system...

ROb

Right. Don't worry about it. Even though I've only been here from December or so, I knew something was amiss as you are a highly respected member. And most helpful. Your offer was incredibly kind.

Did you ever finish the mahogany khorn project?

Thanks for your kind words.

I finished my Mahogany Belle project, but still working on re-finishing

the '60 Khorns. Seems like I have trouble setting aside time to

get at them. The next stage is going to be time-consuming, I keep

thinking I will get a big chunk of time to work on them. I think

what I'll do is take a vacation day without telling anybody.

Sneaky, huh?

formica -

Tom, i wouldn't worry about it... it is probably a good thing you

went on vacation. I don't believe those public comments show you

courtesy nor appreciation for your offer.

Leaves you more free time to enjoy your system...

ROb

meagain - Right. Don't worry about it. Even though I've only been here from

December or so, I knew something was amiss as you are a highly

respected member. And most helpful. Your offer was incredibly kind.

Please read this entire post instead of just skimming through it before you reply to it!!

Yeah, you guys are right. You hit the nail right on the head. I just like picking fights with nice people, that's all. Silly, silly me...

Holy crap! Do you people honestly think I made all that up?!

About 3 weeks or so ago, the LAST email he sent me he asked me for drawings of the top hats I wanted to go on top of the Cornwalls. So I sent him the pics along with some measurements as well.

Two or three days went by without an answer, so I emailed him again asking if he received the other email. Again, no response. I know he received them because the emails were never bounced back to me. I figured that maybe he just go tied up in something and couldn't get to a computer. No big deal.

A few days after that, I SEE him on the forum, I SEE him post on a couple of different threads, none of which were mine. So I shoot him a PM and another email. Still no answer.

A day or two later, I SEE him on the forum again making a couple of posts. By this time, I have just given up on him helping me, or even just replying to my PM and emails.

Not once did I ever receive anything from him durring that time, nor did he ever tell me about going on a vacation, which I still don't believe.

However, last night a little after 8pm, he sent me one PM and one email which said the same thing as in this thread "hello hello helloooo" whatever.

I don't care if his Linux computer stays on 24/7 or not. Mine two Linux and Windows computers stay on 24/7 also, but they don't log into the Klipsch foum and make several posts for me either!

You all can think what you want, I really don't care. This is the god-honest truth in this post, and I really don't owe anything to any of you to have to get on here and explain myself just because you all think he's a saint with his "highly respected" status on the forum and "incredible offer".

But hey, what do I know. I'm just an unappreciative idiot...

Please read this entire post instead of just skimming through it before you reply to it!!

Yes, you should. You'll notice that both meagain and I have been actively participating in this thread.

I really don't owe anything to any of you to have

to get on here and explain myself just because you all think he's a

saint with his "highly respected" status on the forum and "incredible

offer".....

Correct, you don't owe us anything... and you're only making it

worse. Sometimes a couple of well chosen words go a much longer

way than letting us all peek inside your head.

I can understand you are disappointed... but remember that,

technically, Tom doesn't owe you either... unless you've already

delivered your portion of the service exchange.

None of this was intended as a personal attack on you.

ROb

Yes, you should. You'll notice that both meagain and I have been actively participating in this thread.

I really don't owe anything to any of you to have to get on here and explain myself just because you all think he's a saint with his "highly respected" status on the forum and "incredible offer".....

Correct, you don't owe us anything... and you're only making it worse. Sometimes a couple of well chosen words go a much longer way than letting us all peek inside your head.

I can understand you are disappointed... but remember that, technically, Tom doesn't owe you either... unless you've already delivered your portion of the service exchange.

None of this was intended as a personal attack on you.

ROb

As usual, not the point. I never said he owed me anything. I showed that I appreciated the offer. The least that could have been done is a simple reply that would take no more than a couple of minutes..

It's called common courtesy. At least, that's the way I was brought up.

Charles, that's the way I was brought up too.

The last comm I have from you is in my gmail account dated May 4.

I replied to that, noted that I was going on vacation. After I

got back I emailed you with no response. That was on the 15th in

the afternoon. I've got a lot of stuff going on, figured I'd hear

from you whenever you were ready. I was surprised and dismayed to

see the stuff you posted about me. In general, I've had better

luck addressing situations directly rather than getting mad and posting

nasties. I have no communications from you during the time you

were apparently becoming resentful and angry. I've noticed

several times in the past that PMs and emails are sometimes unreliable

or slow, especially here on this forum. It might be easier and

more productive to figure there might be some glitch going on rather

than assuming that somebody previously considered reliable has gone

somehow bad.

I apologize to you for not responding to you in a timely fashion.

I'm sorry I disappointed you. I wish you would have chosen

different ways to express it.

Anyway, my offer stands good. I have Sun, M, Tu, Wed off this

week, could probably have your stuff on the way before I go back to

work Thursday.

Tom, you have a PM.

Erik,

Thanks. I'm glad you liked the pics. Have you at least given the Altec a listen yet? It's definately an improvement over stock or the Pyle horn. I hope you get to get the Altec(s) up and running in your system sometime soon. You won't regret it.

Again, thanks. [;)]

Charles

Charles,

Got your PM and email.

Considering the tone of your earlier postings I don't see why you sent that as a PM, it's not much if any worse.

Wish you well, sorry things didn't work out better.

Incidentally, here's the relevent part of the email I sent you afternoon of the 4th. I found it in my gmail sent messages:

****************************************************************************************

I'm working four 12's this week, W, Th, F and Sat and then heading to

San Diego for a family vacation. I'll be unavailable 5/7 thruough 5/14

or so.

****************************************************************************************

It's not much if any worse? I thought I was very civil in that PM....

"

Look, I don't know what's gone on in the last several weeks with you. What I said in the thread today is exactly what happened on my end. I NEVER received anything from you since I sent you that email with the top hat drawings in it. I tried the direct approach with you via email, it didn't work, obviously.

You

may be a decent guy and the problem could have been with the

internet/email system, and you could have done exactly what you say you

did as far as the emails are concerned. Who knows?! If so, then I'm

sorry.

All I know is that this entire experience has put a bad

taste in my mouth and I will probably never take someone up on an offer

again on the forum unless it's someone local that I can meet with and

talk to face-to-face.

Eventhough your offer to me still stands, thanks, but no thanks."

Sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with that PM.

Like I said, if you sent those emails, sorry, but I never received them, and I never received any other PM's from you with the exception of the one yesterday. I have absolutely no reason to lie or to try and make you look bad. Why would I? I was thrilled that you made the offer you did and I was looking forward to seeing the final product.