Took a look at a Thorens TD-124 today!

fini

Well Fini, I hope your woodworking skills on that Thorens are better

than that shown over in Gil's thread (Bass of the Earth) in

Technical.

Better get out the Murphy's.

Hey, and somebody bent the arm on that thing.

I am just about ready to give up on posting pictures on this screwed-up forum. 3 operating systems, 3 browsers...why is this now such a royal PITA?

Too bad that you're still having problems posting pics from your Mac. For what it's worth, I had problems too - I'm using an old G3 Mac and I upgraded to OS X 10.3.9 and Mozilla FireFox 1.5.0.3 for my browser and most forum features seem to work for me now. Keep trying, I'd sure miss seeing the Fini eye view of the world. Nice score on the Thorens by the way.

Better get out the Murphy's.

Yeah, Marty, I've been quaffing ale all day! ;^)

Thanks, Paul, for being my poster child. I'm going to line the shipping crate with organ LPs...

Sputnik, thanks for the inspiration. I tried Netscape & IE using OS 9.2, and Safari on 10.3.0. I guess I'll try Mozilla! If this goes on too long, I will run out of equipment to send to Mr. Parrot.

fini,

Congrats on the Thorens, a true diamond in the rough there. When you have it up and singing to its potential and that permanent sh!t eating grin that will be unavoidable when you play it this ridiculous picture post imposed trama will seem a little less annoying.[<:o)][ip]

Great going Fini! Looks like a fun project!

BTW I am on a mac and have never been able to post with Safari or IE. I have used netscape and now firefox and both work. I have never been able to get it to show up in the preview and I kind of give up and then when I look at the post the photo is there. Go figure.

Josh