Should I bi-wire my RF-7's?

getech

How many channels are you currently using of that 400 X 5? If you have a home theater with 5.1 you're using them all, and you'll need additional outboard amplification.

Bi-wiring doesn't split current and voltage, it provides separate channels of amplification for the woofers and the tweeters of your mains. Theoretically providing a less complex load to the amplifiers and allowing the amplifier channels to concentrate on high frequencies to the tweeters and low frequencies to the woofers and and therefore obtain improved sound.

Many Klipsch speakers allow for this and it can be implemented at the amplifier side in a variety of ways. Many 7 channel AVRs provide the capability to use use the rear surrounds as bi-amp channel amps, if you're not using them as rear surrounds. (In a common 5.1 speaker implementation.)

Actual improved sound is all in the ear of the listener, but it may be like using fancy speaker wire, nice but less than noticeable to many people.

If you got the extra channels go for it. If you don't, than you're probably not missing too much.

PS This is my very humble opinion and it could be that some audio elites may disagree with me completely, and if they do, I wouldn't spend a lot of my time disagreeing. It's all in the ear of the individual, and if money were no object I'm sure I'd be stacking up great big discreet amplifiers for my system.

(sorry, I mixed up bi-wiring and bi-amping, tow different ways of doing something similar. see my follow-on post) [:$]

Bi-wiring is all in the ear of the beholder lol... just do a search for previous threads on Bi-Wiring & you will find out plenty. I say, that if you have the extra wire... go for it.. what can it hurt...right? And you do not need extra channels to Bi-Wire.

I had my KLF-30's bi-wired for 8 years, changed them to single wire...couldn't tell the difference.

Oh come on,stop telling people the truth.

I suspect the KLF's are too caveman like to to make you hear any changes in wiring or even passing from hair thin wiring to ubber cables. [;)]

Seriously will biwiring be audible,highly debatabe. Why does Klipsch offer binding posts with separate LF and HF sections? To please the little people.

Fact is Dynaudio's Contour line does not.Why does that tell you? That with a well designed crossover and quality wires you do not need any biwiring. And the Dynes are heck lot more revealing and neural than any of the known brands who all have biwire binding posts on their speakers.

Fact is I use Monster Cable's upscale M2.4B biwire cables,because I like the looks of these cables.And I have a nice warm placebo effect [:D]

>>> And you do not need extra channels to Bi-Wire. <<<

Yeah, I'm sorry, I described bi-amping, nor bi-wiring, which is very different. Bi-ampingn actually uses discrete amplifier channels, where bi-wiring just runs cable from the same amp channels to the separate tweeter and woofer posts.

Doubtful that you'll hear any difference, but it may look cool. As Joe said, give it a shot if you got the extra cable. it won't hurt.

I bi-amped my mains, because I had extra channels and my 7.1 receiver supported it and I had the extra cable and connectors. I couldn't hear any difference at all, but I get to tell all my friends about it, which is really cool.

YMMV

As you can see, the practice isn't considered to provide a major improvement in sound, but the guys at Monster Cable love the extra profit.