Johnny Cakes

Yep , seems the Sopranos jumped on the Brokeback bandwagon

However Johnny Cakes , which are also called Hoe Cakes , are simply pancakes made with cornmeal . The name Hoe Cakes refers to plantation workers . They would make them by laying their hoe's out in the sun and actually cooking the mixture on them . Hopefully they were clean . "Seriously , who want's a dirty Hoe Cake ?"

At the establishment I work at there is a wonderfull appetizer that uses Hoe Cakes . It is comprised of 4 miniature Hoe Cakes . Each topped with a seared sea scallop . Then a delectable combination of Applewood Smoked Bacon and Granny Smith Apples sauteed in Brandy and Butter is spooned over the top of the Scallops . The dish is finnished with a small portion of sauteed Spinach and a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar Reduction . It's a little rich but delicious nontheless .

Are you ready to order ; Mr. Jackson ?

In the scene that Vito got it, it was Phill that came out of the closet.

JB, I noticed that too...thought it was a nice silent joke by the writers. Next week only reruns, then one more episode [:(] Does the next 8 start up right away or later in the summer?

IDK - I go back & forth on the writing. There are holes that jump out at me sometimes. Missing pieces, missing ends that never tie up. And somethings that present themselves but fade away. Either they play with us this way, or they change their minds on a storyline.

For instance, when Dr. Malfi(sp?) got attacked a few years ago, one was really left thinking and waiting for her to tell Tony about it in a passive hope he'd have him nailed. Stuff like that. It just faded away. I gave up on it after a long while. It would impress the heck out of me if they touched on that again.

And this is driving me nuts though we're still in this season so I'm hopeing it comes up.... but - the guy who REALLY wanted to move to Florida with his family, who hung himself. If I recall, he hung himself the same day or the day before or after Tony getting shot. They made a BIG deal out of that guy. Went on for 2-3 shows. Big focus. What I expected would happen was, Tony comes out of his coma, ponders life "the wind blows" "there's something bigger than you", etc... Someone would tell him about the hanging, and add to all that. Pieces building. What the heck happened with that storyline?