RF-5 , RC35 and RS35

Billy

Hi,

I'm from Paris, here Kilpsch are quite pricey. I can get a pair of RF-5 for 1500$ which is almost half price compared to the French MRSP. Do you think it's still worth to get those RF-5 or should I wait for the release of the new reference series such as RF 63? Would they match with the RC35 and the RS35?

Thanks for your help.

Billy

Welcome to the forum. The RF-5's will match up nicely with the RC-35 and RS-35's. If you go with the newer Reference line, I would change center and sides also. I have NOT heard the RF-63's personally so take my advice with a grain of salt. I like my speakers to be from the same line.

Hey Billy,

Welcome to the forum. [:)]

If you can get new RF-5's for half price I would think it would match your system quite nicely. I don't know how it compares to the RF-63 but for half the cost you couldn't go wrong. If I can find a pair of RF-5's for a good deal I am going to switch out my RF-3's that I have in my HT listed below.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. As the new reference line is still not released in France, I can't go to the nearest dealer shop and ask him for a demo. I've heard the RF-5 and the RF-7 and I love it very much. It seems the new RF-82 sounds very great too. I can imagine the RF-82 will be priced alround 3000$ in Europe! How much do they cost in the US?

Thanks.

Billy

welcome Billy...there are many here who like the RF-5s over the RF-7s...I have RB-5s (little brother to the RF-5???) and they are very nice...good luck...you are well on your way when you start with Klipsch...AND this Forum!...Bill

Hi silversport,

You're from Illinois, the first time I discovered Klipsch when I was in Chicago. I was very impressed about the great sound. Then back to Paris, I bought a KWS 12. I'm also very impressed about the equipment you guys have, most of you have big speakers that produce big and great sound. In Europe, and specially in Paris, we usely have smaller rooms, and we can not buy such a huge speaker, it won't fit the size of the room and will sound bad.[:(]

I'm very happy to be able to discuss and share information with people like you, I think I can learn a lot from you all.

Thanks.

Billy

• 3 weeks later...