Experience with Quartets...

I am listening to a pair of Klipsch Quartets...having never heard these speakers before I must say they sound quite nice...(only 2 songs from Eagles...Hell Freezes Over CD) if MAYBE a little bright...at least compared to my Heresys...My first Klipsch speaker purchase in 1988 or so was a pair of kg2s...I listened to the kg4s and disliked them finding them too bass heavy and muddy (I know I will catch heck for saying that but that is what I thought when hearing them)...move up to the "extended" Heritage speakers...Quartet-Forte' (II)-Chorus (II)...similar in design being the passive radiator off the back (Chorus a bit different?) with the built in "riser."...I think there is something to say about "synergy" (no pun intended) with speakers (everything for that matter) ...what must the Forte' or Chorus sound like???...these Quartets are singing right now and seem to have a nice, strong bass, good mids and highs...I really do prefer the "Heritage" speakers as I feel these are more pleasing to my ears...I bought them for mains for my HT set-up (I have a popbumpered Academy) to possibly replace my Heresy mains but right now powered by the lil EICO-HF-81...quite nice...I would appreciate any thoughts you might care to share...Bill

The Quartets, Forte II, and Chorus II is a great line of speakers for the money. They were worth every penny when purchased new, and at today's used prices are practically a steal. You can put together a sweet HT system with them, or enjoy as two channel. Remember they were originally designed for two channel duty, the Academy was designed to capture the budding multi-channel HT market and as a retro fit for current owners.

lisnin' right now to Blondie "No Exit"...more bass thump than the Heresys for sure with a nice horn midrange and tweet...different horns than the Heresy (Tractrix Mid)...mine are NOT in their desired location and STILL sound great...this is a MUCH different speaker than the kg4 that I thought it was (I thought it a "nicer" kg4...wrongo, bub!...[:P] [;)] )...a real sleeper...but I bought them for the HT not for my EICO HF-81...it just sounds so nice...and they are really beautiful Walnut Oil....nice detail to the sound too...Cal, thanks...I have not heard Forte's before so I will have to give them a listen some time too...maybe even Chorusususssess...Bill

...I happened to see these about 30 minutes after he posted them on Chicago's Craig's List...I sent an email and we exchanged back and forth...after I picked them up from him he said I was the only one who showed any interest in them...I saw several posts about these here and didn't want to jinx myself or stop anyone else from offering by responding that I had contacted the seller and agreed to buy them provided they were as advertised as they are available to anyone but I was pleased to get them...I have never bought anything off of Craig's List and missed a MAC1900 in decent condition that went for $20.00...I need a new volume/power switch and would have been happy to get this one (provided it was working too) for the price of the switch alone for parts...Bill

I was going to go to a car show in Naperville on Sunday. I was gonna check if they were still available before I left, but I had to bail at the last minute. I don't know if I could have fit them in my Barracuda anyway. Seemed like a good buy for the asking price. I hope you enjoy them.

Jeremy

...just BLO'ed them...perhaps I am a bit high from the fumes...Bill

That may help. I had a pair for a while. Great for HT but, when it came to music, no thanks. I needed an all-around speaker and I did not think that mandating tube amplification just to get good acceptable sound was justifiable.

K'foot...I dunno...I have been listening to them powered by the EICO...the bass is shaking the house (John Mayer...Heavier Things...) and I REALLY like these speakers...in 2 channel...I can't bring myself to unhook them and carry them downstairs for HT duty...Bill

I normally don't like to talk about something i'm trying to buy either, but in this case I didn't think it would happen for me, so I thought i'd try to help someone out. Sorry to worry you. I'm glad it all worked out for you. I wish I could have beat you to the punch on your Blueberry/VRD deal. Persistance pays off for sure. It's a small world we have here!

Jeremy

Jeremy,...no, no problem at all...everyone has an opportunity to buy things that are available in the market...no problem pointing someone to what is a nice price for what appears to be good gear...it sure is a small world...good luck with your search as well...the wheel goes 'round...Bill