A mint pair of Forte IIs removed from circulation...

AudioFrog

courtesy of UPS. I was all excited about receiving my Forte II's and when I came home for lunch, there they sat on my porch. Oh boy!

The excitment was shortlived soon after I unboxed the first one. I nice big chunk of wood taken out of the side! I sat in disbelief. This couldn't be! This thing was packaged very nice. Proceeding with unpacking I discover that UPS apparently dropped the speaker vertically and completely smashed the wooden base (enough to splinter it all over the place). I didn't even bother unpacking the other Forte. Another piece of Klipsch history ruined and out of circulation.

Luckily they are insured. In this situation, since the speakers are in 2 different boxes and a single replacement Forte cannot be purchased, do you think UPS will reimburse the total insurance for the pair or just the one speaker? I do not know if the other speaker is damaged or not at this point.

Ed [:(]

That just totally blows! I think all those shipping companies suck and could care absolutely less! They just throw those boxes around as if they have nothing in them. What do they care, it's not theirs, and they probably figured they are insured. As you can tell, I don't think much of any of the shipping companies.

Mike

This is why I ALWAYS pickup. I don't think Klipsch is making Forte's anymore, so that saddens me greatly. I hope you at least get reimbursed a fair amount.

note- replacement cabinets could always be made, or reveneer if the structural integrity of the box isn't too damages. Or guys are always looking for components. Fortes will pretty much make up a Heresy with a PR to spare. I don't know if the PR's are still available from Klipsch so you might have those to sell as rareities.

Michael

Sorry about that Ed. I feel your pain, FedEx did a custom job on my decorator cornwalls. I secured $500 back, from my $800 purchase. I tried squeezing more out of them, but their adjuster said $500 was fair, I told him the only reason he thought that was because they weren't his, and it wasn't him that was out the additional $300 and change, and that his excuse was BS.

Sorry to hear that Ed. I have to consider myself extremely lucky. In the two years I have lived in Alaska, I have had a pair of LaScala's, Cornwalls, Heresy's, mcintosh amps and tuner without so much as a scratch, let alone the new crossovers and Bobs tweeters. This must be very frustrating. I think it is even more irritating that you don't get reimbursed the insured value. Hopefully you will be properly compensated (if that is possible).

• Moderators

If you have something in writing from Klipsch stating they no longer manufacture these speakers it would put you in a more favorable position with the shipper for reimbursement on both speakers. Speakers are generally sold as a pair, you purchased them as a pair, (even though they were in separate boxes), they were shipped as a pair and you can not purchase just one to replace the "pair".

And people wonder why I would not ship the Belle Klipsch I was selling, because I don't want you to have firewood when you receive them, that's why!!!!

I would never ship any speaker bigger than a Heresy.

I shipped my 100lb Velodyne subwoofer from VT to UT and it arrived safely because I know how to pack for the gorillas, 2" of solid foam all around (4" top & bottom), double walled cardboard, and wedged in tight so there is no play inside the box. Also, make sure the box can slide easily, sounds strange but it makes a difference. I make heavy duty packing tape runners on the bottom edges and sides.

I stay away from UPS, and have been using Fedex Ground primarily since they are usually quicker and cheaper. I have not had to file a claim yet. Want to get back at UPS, then stop using their service!

You will always take large risks sending speakers that size.