For Sale Klipsch KW-120-THX 1 pair and KA1000-THX amp

rmlowz

Oh puhleeeze people, someone pull the trigger on this one. This is ONE HALF retail price on this setup. I can personally say that the identical system that I set up in my home has rattled my teeth, shook my guts, kicked me in the sternum, and blown my hair back from 10 feet away!

Just DO IT!

Michael

Go get em Doc! To heck with tuition! LOL

You said it, who needs anything else when you have all mighty deep bass to comfort you. [:D]

Look at me I ditched all for subs and audio.

Seriously this is a heck of a superb deal,anyone looking at a sub in this price range should jump on it.

Go get em Doc! To heck with tuition! LOL

I'm sure that's just what my dad wants to hear! Even though one can do

way better for cheaper with an IB arrangement (which I plan to have in

my future home) - I think I will eventually buy a pair simply because I

think they're fricken awesome...though by that time I'm sure klipsch

will have come out with something 10x more insane.

Good Man Richard! You're going to be very very happy soon.

I had the KSW12 with CW's, so you should be experiencing the same bone-jarring, teeth-loosening, gut-wrenching bass that I feel now.

Feel free to PM me. Basically, mine are stacked right next to my tv/center right now. Their backs are to a stone hearth- it just blasts! Stacking get you +3 db, back against wall is another +3 db, turn boundary gain ON. It's weird nomenclature, but gain on means the circuit is ON for reducing a bit of the gain caused by having speaker against walls.

There is a fair amount of hum from the torridial (sp) in the amp, so suggest putting it away from listening location.

Michael

It's on the same circuit as the rest of the system, ungrounded. The hum does not come through the audio circuit, it comes from the chassis. Steve Phillips was over and said it's from the torridial transformer and is normal.

I must just have a very low noise floor in this house coupled with very sensitive hearing.

I made the trip to Austin to pick up the KW/KA THX sub and amp system from Rich (rmlowz) last Thursday. He and his wife are very nice people. The subs and amp were set up in his impressive HT room. He played a sample of Master and Commander from a DTS demo DVD, and the cannon fire scenes, as he pointed out, fluttered our pants legs. I drove back Friday, unloaded and set them up Saturday, and have had a good time checking them out. I am not an obsessive tweaker, so I will be fine tuning them on and off over the next several days/weeks. I think I got the deal of the century, and will enjoy them for years to come. Today I was pleased to come across the thread with the link to the recent glowing Audioholics review of the entire Ultra II THX system. Thanks again Rich!