Don't drive it yet, but bought it.

Bob, nice looking bike....much better looking at the presant time than any of my old junk Harleys, of which only one is barely ready for paint. I know a couple of guys that have owned Shadows and really liked them. Nice looking and very reliable.

Good luck and be careful out there...you are invisible!!

Craig

About twenty years ago I bought my first bike...a KZ-650 and it was very clean looking. The first long ride (5-hours) I was half numb and tingly all over from the vibrations. Your new motorcycle looks like it would be a very smooth riding bike and a blast on the open roads!

Hey Bob, congradulations on that nice ride. I'm in the same "boat", so to speak. Just purchased an '03 100th anniversary, HD FXD Dyna Super Glide, 1450cc(88 ci) with a Gold Key package. *216* original miles. A guy had bought it for his wife, for her 40th. He had sold his Fat Boy about a year and half ago, after a failed bussiness venture, so having 2 kids she never road it, except when they both drove up to Milwaukee for the HD centenial. Anyways, the title is being held by their credit union, and they needed the cash to pay it off, so I can't plate it until I recieve it. Going on the 2nd week. It's just sitting in the garage, all shiny, new and killing me.

ironwoods wrote the following post at 05-30-2006 7:10 AM:

Hey Bob, congradulations on that nice ride. I'm in the same "boat", so to speak. Just purchased an '03 100th anniversary, HD FXD Dyna Super Glide, 1450cc(88 ci) with a Gold Key package. *216* original miles. A guy had bought it for his wife, for her 40th. He had sold his Fat Boy about a year and half ago, after a failed bussiness venture, so having 2 kids she never road it, except when they both drove up to Milwaukee for the HD centenial. Anyways, the title is being held by their credit union, and they needed the cash to pay it off, so I can't plate it until I recieve it. Going on the 2nd week. It's just sitting in the garage, all shiny, new and killing me.

This bike is obviously worn out and of little value. Tell ya what, I'll do you a reeealy big favor and take it off your hands! You wouldn't want that old thing taking up space in your garage anyway. [:D]

This bike is obviously worn out and of little value. Tell ya what, I'll do you a reeealy big favor and take it off your hands! You wouldn't want that old thing taking up space in your garage anyway. [:D]

I just couldn't do that to a fellow forum member. 3 year old gas, oil's never been changed, rust on the rotors......[:|]

• Klipsch Employees

Man I want a big bike again. I have been riding a friends KLR-250 for a few weeks. I need more HP.

The KZ-650 was one of the best bone shakers ever made.

A friend and I hit a dog doing about 60 on one. (Poor dog)

The friend received some road rash and I landed in a ditch of grass and slid about 80 ft. We were not hurt much, but the Dog and bike did not make it.

One thing to remember about a bike, If you haven't laid one over, you will. Just remember to stay on top.

I think the best place to learn to ride is in the dirt. As you learn how to fall, it doesn't hurt as bad.

Been riding all my life. Couldn't imagine not riding. I have an older goldwing. Not much to look at but it works for now. Lots of kids around garage right now. Don't want them scratching up a newer one. I just bought a yamaha yz 250 last week. I can't wait to get out camping. It's been a long time since I owned a dirt bike. Like everyone else says. Always Always Always assume they don't see you and never ride in there blind spot.

Have fun

agree

I was hit twice by folks who claimed they never saw my bright headlight.

after putting on some thunderous pipes..i was never hit again.

folks don't put on thunder pipes to show off...they put them on in the hopes it will save their A..........S

Thank You everyone.

I have clocked about 2 hours total so far. Wow.! What a trip.! This bike rocks.! It's got Vance & Hines pipes on it and it is LOUD! I won't get up-grade-itis either...

Any advise on leathers?, boots? I see some nice stuff for $150. on ebay...... But I don't know squat about what's what.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8070558970&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Thanks,

my advise on leathers is buy quality it will last a life time, make sure the chaps are lined and a good quality leather, i paid 300 for a good pair of chaps and i paid 500 for a good jacket, seems like a lot of cash to lay out but when you figure it will last longer than me its just pennies a day or less, hard to tell about quality leeather on the bay, i bought a couple items and both times i was dissappointed with the quality, but the jacket you list looks like a nice one and it comes with a liner that is a definate plus

Joe