2.jpg

3.jpg

Really simple dashboard

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Guitar Center was having a sale this morning so I picked up this little amp.

It sounds great and Bubbles(my tele) is really happy about it.

I wonder how long before I start rolling the 12AX7's with some of the old RCA's that I've got??

Peace,

Josh

It's an oriental rug on top of carpet. Nice and cushy. I think the amp can normally be had for $299. It's a basic amp. Not anything like a twin or super reverb. Very sweet sounding. I should know, since he's been playing it a lot today. [;)]

heheh, 12.

Yeah, so far I've been playing it at around 4 and it's been plenty loud in my room.

I'm gonna wait to crank it until after I've got some more hours on the power tubes.

I went ahead and swapped out the fender re-branded Sovtek 12AX7's for some of the old RCA's I've got.

The sound is a bit sweeter, fatter, more lush whatever, it's nicer then it was.

I'm really falling in love with it.

With the tone on the guitar rolled way back the sound is fat and solid when run through the TS9 with it's gain cranked up.

Give it some tone and the humbucker and it gets mean and edgy sounding.

I love it.

Very nice setup - that third photo with the volume know at '12' is classic. (note that on some Klipsch subs the knob does go to 11 - actually in tribute to Spinal Tap). If you've not seen the movie, sit down with Dad and let him tell you about the 'good old days' as you watch

Compliments on your photography as well as musical instrument selections. Nice in-focus closeups- do you have a special lens setup for that? Seriously great compositional skills- I like the story-telling lead off shot of the glimpse of tubes through the cutout.

Dad's got a nice lap steel there as well- tell him I saw Steve Howe of Yes using a Fender electric model from the 50's last month. 'never a Gibson' says Steve!

Michael

Very nice setup - that third photo with the volume know at '12' is classic. (note that on some Klipsch subs the knob does go to 11 - actually in tribute to Spinal Tap). If you've not seen the movie, sit down with Dad and let him tell you about the 'good old days' as you watch

Compliments on your photography as well as musical instrument selections. Nice in-focus closeups- do you have a special lens setup for that? Seriously great compositional skills- I like the story-telling lead off shot of the glimpse of tubes through the cutout.

Dad's got a nice lap steel there as well- tell him I saw Steve Howe of Yes using a Fender electric model from the 50's last month. 'never a Gibson' says Steve!

Michael

Michael,

A rather inexpensive Canon (S60 PowerShot) with a 3 to 1 zoom and macro mode. Same one I used for my avatar. His compositional skills are why he went to design school.

As for the lap steel thing. Mine is from the 40s, and Steve Howe just doesn't understand the incredible tone of the single coil in this one I have. Only paid $40 for it too. It was a second, labeled as a Kalamazoo.

Michael,

Picked up the lap steel in the mid 70s. At least I was smart enough with this one to not let it get away from me. The tone is sweet on the old single coil, but the output is not very high. Picks up noise like crazy. I still love it. Makes me want to put on some Ry Cooder.

Bruce

It sounds good through the Fender. I picked up a Yamaha GSO-112III from a guy I worked with. He sold it to me for $50. It had a broken trace where the input kack mounted on the main board. A very simple fix and it has been a great amp (even though SS). I mostly used it to play my Taylor through. It manages to sound very acoustic with it, which is a surprise. I plugged the amp into one of my JBLs and got almost the same sound.

Bruce