Rare Pair Of LaScala's

Gilbert

Dam I just spent way more $$$ than I have for yet another set of Lascalas but they will look nice next to my split 63 horizontal lascalas and my split black ones. The vintage pa is getting big and bigger. still need a split pair in full dress(fiberglass with trim). I was hoping they would have only bid up to around a grand but it is they only pair I have ever seen. Going to leave them as they are, I learned a long time ago when I turned a 10 grand strat into a 1500 one don't mess with Og finishes.

Anyone seen natural HIP heresy? they would make nice moniters to go with theses.

Well done sir!

I think Gilbert has a 4 pack of HIP that he's refinishing. They were stained walnut I think for church use. HIP was available in about any finish the customer wanted.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it was way more than what I would have liked to pay but it all works out, I once paid 150 for a khorn my first a 58. The last set of split lascalas cost me 400. I feel I have been lucky and have had way more than my share of finds. These were just to cool looking to pass up.

• 4 weeks later...

Lascala's arived today safe and sound.

Next weekend Im doing live sound for a a few bands Plus my Jam band on a nice outdoor stage . The show will be on saterday day and night at the Woodstock fair grounds in Ct for a Vw show. I plan to transport the whole pa in a stock 67 VW bus.I plane to try them out then with my 63 horazontal lascalas and some stock black split lascala's For that vintage horn Pa. They will be powered by crown psa2 amps. The mixer will be a Soundcraft 600. with vinatge tape delay and akg bx 10 spring reverb.

for moniters I have six hip heresy.

I wish I had some vinage tube power amps but the funds a few thousand short for Mcintosh MC 275 's

The bus is a stock standard type II in other words it has 13 windows.

But it's good points are 60k orig miles and orig paint drives like they did when new.

I have a few other vintage VW's ,ok a small herd ranging form 47 to 67.

The1952 23 window deluxe sunroof bus I have is my favorit but it has a long way to go before it's back on the road.

Heres a shot of my 55 westfalia camper http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.westfaliaregistry.com/147985P05.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.westfaliaregistry.com/147985P05.html&h=400&w=600&sz=61&hl=en&start=43&tbnid=GMKOaDndjMUgkM:&tbnh=88&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3D1955%2Bwestfalia%26start%3D36%26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%