RB5 II

It is a good price. I believe they were around $800 new. I have been thinking about buying these myself. The seller has lowered the price twice, from $350 to $325 to $300. He also had RF7's and an RC7 he sold quickly. I am somewhat surprised they haven't sold yet.

For $300 and cheap shipping I'd say its a good deal(if you have faith in the seller).The rb5II is a great speaker for its size,easily beating some(jbl e100s) floor standers w/dual 10" woofers.

He must be getting really frustrated they haven't sold yet. He just lowered the price to $299. He also added the stands when he lowered them to $300. They look like nice stands, too. If nobody buys them soon I guess I will have to myself! They would go great with my SX-980.

...exactly...perfect...so was he fair on shipping??? Why so secretive on the shipping quote??? I am sure that (...and perhaps his feedback) are what turned some off...

Good luck, I enjoy mine and they ARE perfect for your RF-5s...excellent!

Bill

Shipping was $75 to Canada's West coast, maybe a little high, but hey i've seen worse. I'll cross my fingers and hope they turn up in one piece, if they do then it will have been worth it. I must admit to a little concern, this was the first time i have purchased something off eBay on a whim, and just hit the button. I had been looking for a pair for a while and had to take the chance, could'nt imagine them lasting too long at that price. I'll keep you informed.

I got mine off of audioGon and they were near that to me...mine are RB-5s (not the Mon$ter wired IIs) and are in Mahogany but they do have a couple of small scuffs/scratches...still a solid 8.5-9 (not the possible 10s you scored! [<:o)]) and they really do sound great...when I A/B them next to Heresys I miss the midrange but when I just listen to them I miss nothing...they are 2 way and the Heresy is a 3 way so, DUH!...anyway, congrats and I am SURE you will enjoy them...plus they match cosmetically and sonically to your RF-5s...nice job...enjoy!

Bill