Picture's of Heresy's (including rope caulking)

Mike Lindsey

Well, my trip to the Keys ended after 1 day of vacation as they kicked us off because of Hurricane Michelle. Frown.gif The good news is I got the pictures of my '76 Heresy's back and can post them a few days early. Smile.gif

These were picked up at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago and were in pretty rough shape. I have stained them with a Dark Walnut (to match my bedroom furniture) and will be putting a couple of coats of Formsby's Poly Finish on them today. The grills are beat up and Klipsch is sending me some cloth samples (I think I will go with the Cane when I see them).

Picture three is the rope caulking but I'm not too sure if I did it right. If there is something else I should have done (or didn't do right), don't be afraid to tell me.

One last thing... I just realized my SN's say HD BR and are Designer Series speakers. Can someone elaborate on what that means?

Mike

Great job and thanks for posting the photos! I may try this with my KG 5.5's. Have wanted to, but never seen

how it was done.

For your Tube pre-amp check out Doc B.'s great gear

over at the Bottlehead site. Excellent support forum there as well. This is the little preamp that will get you hooked on good tubes and can embarrass some fairly expensive gear on the cheap!

http://www.bottlehead.com

Andrew

Hi Mike - Talked to a friend at Captiva Island last night, and he said it only rained a bit - no big deal.

Those look pretty nice, Mike. I'm curious, though, what role the packing tape is going to play (see pic #3) Wink.gif

HD BR means Heresy Designer Birch Raw. Like designer jeans of the 70's, look for some fancy stitching of the grill cover fabric on the pocket. Kidding - they were produced with the intent to be finished by the customer/designer to match whatever design scheme was being used, I believe.

Doug

chacodude - Thanks for the info on Bottlehead. I know Colin has their monoblocks and speaks highly of them. I think I will go this route as it will be a good learning experience for me just putting them together. Plus they're relatively cheap! Smile.gif

Doug - Thanks for the info on the Designer Series. I knew someone would comment on the environment! Smile.gif

fini - Gotta agree with Doug...those Cornwalls are Huge!

Wes - The rope caulk come in a roll and is approximately 1 inch wide. You can just tear it where you want to and also thin it out by pulling off individual ropes (about 1/8" thick). It's very pliable and very easy to manipulate. If you haven't done so, it's a worthwhile mod. And yes, they still sound like Heresy's! Beautiful mids and highs!

Mike

Mike damn fine job there!

I love your work area too. Very nice.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - coming soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)