are my cornwalls too big for room?

homeoption

Ditto, above.

One thing to keep in mind is to pull the Cornwalls out about 2' from the back wall and 3' from the side walls. Have them crossing behind you and then start tweaking them a few inches at a time.

You find just the right spot for them.

Go for separation first on the long wall, but depending on your seating, the narrow wall may be the call.

Chris

Depending on the orientation of the room, if you can, put the CW's about 1/4 in on the longest wall. About 10-12' between them works well for me.

If they have to be on the narrow wall, they should be toed in slightly toward the listening position and to keep early reflections off of the side walls.

A distance from the back wall is common, experiment an inch at a time.

Michael

• Moderators

are you suggesting to use them as really big headphones dtel [:P]

Never thought of that, but that would be better than to small.

Would sound good as headphones though.

I have been reading here for years and have never seen a post about speakers that are to big, ok maby one the guy with the MCM Grands,i think it's called.

Put me down for "No the room isn't too small for Cornwalls" vote.

I have my pair in a room that is vey close in size to yours (13X24.5X8) and they sound great for being on the shortwall.

The reason I can't put them on the long wall is because there are 3 Cornwalls, a pair of K-horns, and pair of Belles in the same room. [;)]

JJ

• Moderators

Put me down for "No the room isn't too small for Cornwalls" vote.

I have my pair in a room that is vey close in size to yours (13X24.5X8) and they sound great for being on the shortwall.

The reason I can't put them on the long wall is because there are 3 Cornwalls, a pair of K-horns, and pair of Belles in the same room. [;)]

JJ

Now that is alot in one room, would need a fisheye lense to take a picture of that.