No 60th Anniversery Khorns for America :(

One big thing we learned during the tour today: all 200 pairs of the 60th anniversery khorns are going to Europe. I heard different reasons cited such as lack of interest in Klipsch's distributor network here.

Its too bad too, because this is about the most beautiful looking speaker I've ever seen.

One big thing we learned during the tour today: all 200 pairs of the 60th anniversery khorns are going to Europe. I heard different reasons cited such as lack of interest in Klipsch's distributor network here.

Its too bad too, because this is about the most beautiful looking speaker I've ever seen.

ok, get the measurements and lets get a CAD diagram going.

Apparently there were three factors involved.

1) The European Distributor/Dealers made the request for the 60th Anniversary model,

2) The US Dealers and Sales Staff were offered them, but had no interest/declined,

3) The EU Distributors wanted ALL 200 pair.

After some period, any unsold sets will be returned to the US and made available (in the neighborhood of $16K).

Also learned that the EU market gets LaScalas made of plywood, with the

original dimensions, while the US market gets the new "new improved"

models made of MDF only.

I think Klipsch should hold a drawing, with all of you Hope attendees entered, for a grand prize of one pair of 60th anniversary Klipschorns.

I'm not sure what Klipsch's cost on these is, but at retail that is about a $14,000 give away. Not too likely. I also heard that this deal in Europe was for exclusive rights to distribute all 200.

Re: No 60th Anniversery Khorns for America :(

Don't think that PWK would approve. Should have been offered to the public in the U.S. as well.

How many Klipsch dealers have Khorns on the floor to audition?

The answer to the above question would explain the lack of dealer interest. Since everything is in place at Hope to make a special edition Khorn why not allow it to remain a special order item with a few changes. Take away the diamond and substitute the lacewood with amberwood or morado.

Can we sign up now for the 50th Anniversary Cornwall?