Dtel (or anyone else who likes diesel)

Coytee

I think I've mentioned this briefly before but I've just got a hankering that you'll like this site:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/

Now, before you just pass it off as a tractor site, go explore it and if you want to be bold, do a random search on something... anything.

Not saying the results of your search are there, but the place is CRAWLING with people from ALL walks of life. Dr's, Atty's, Farmers, Truckers... you name it, they're there.

If I've got a problem I'm trying to find a resolution for, it's the first place I post and am usually getting better answers faster than any other place I've tried. It's an amazing place to use as a resource.

Given your avatar and after meeting you all, I think that TBN would be another excellent place for you to become familiar with.

btw, my name over there is my real name "Richard". I found the site probably within the first year of it's inception. (probably near 8-10 years ago now)

Go... find... and enjoy it!!

Coytee, thanks for the tip on the site. I love my tractor. Very therapeutic after a long day at work behind a computer. I don't like mowing the lawn, but just about every other thing I do with it is a blast. Check out some of my handy work.

First few weeks with my new baby in 2002.

post-16462-1381930119654_thumb.jpg

Is that a fancy dancy weight box on the back? (I'm stuck with a backhoe on mine so I don't get the pleasure (??) of having a weight box)

[Y]

I want a backhoe (green with envy) It would make so many things much easeir. I think the ballast box, as the dealer called it, was something driven by the lawyers. They gave it to me "free" (yea right) when I got the loader to keep me from tipping over with a bucket full of dirt. I have it full of rocks removed from the property.

I also have a 72" tow behind mower and a 60" box blade. I have literally made a front and back yard out of the wilderness that surrounded my house. Pretty fun to look back at the pictures from a few years back and compare to today.

Let's see some pix of your baby. Is it Green, Orange, Blue, other brand?

• Moderators

Thanks for the link, I love my tractor. At 48 'me' it makes so many jobs easier. [:D]

It orange, Kubota 29 hp,5' front loader, bionic blade, 72" finishing mower, fork lift attachment.

We live on 6 acres and it really helps with mowing grass and moving plants or anything around.

We do landscaping so we use it on almost every job it really saves my back moving trees and soil. The average job takes around 25 to 30 yards of mulch to build the beds.

I have in the past used a shovel and wheelbarrows which would take about 2 hard days. With the tractor it takes me a few hours and i can sit on my butt.

Ahhhh... I remember the day a few summers ago when I moved a bunch of gravel around a new duplex with my neighbors 4WD Deere (not the hydrostatic model our other neighbor owns). It was a lot of fun. Keep in mind that I live in the desert, it was 118F outside, and I did it for 18 hours straight. I only (nearly) got stuck once in the deep gravel. I've got a picture around here somewhere...

Yes.

To make a long story even longer...

The farm is 250 acres. (owned by father in law). He sold the timber and this is one of the "slash piles" where the remains of the trees were piled by the lumber dudes. There were perhaps 10 or so, of these piles throughout the farm. I made it one of my duties to get them burned down (with proper burning permits).

This pile actually had a second pile (about same size) about 100' away with a little path between them. It was a Friday and had rained ALL day. Everything was soaked. It stopped raining mid-day and I thought it might be a good time to try to burn it.

I started the fires about 5:00 pm or so. About 3:00 AM, I was very bored and milling about when all the sudden a light was bouncing my way. Seems it was the Sherrif!

He found me and asked what's up? (his attitude was kind of redneck like "Boyyyyy, what'cha got going on here")

Anyways, said I was burning. (duh)

"you know you have to be with your fire as long as it's burning" he asked...

"Uh... isn't it currently 3:00" I asked (which was my smart a&& way to say, hey STUPID, if I was going to leave my fire unatteneded, do you think I'd have my hiney here at this time of night???)

"how you planning on putting this out" he asked as he looked me over

"Well...." said I... "It rained all day today, I've got my burn permit, I've got my cellphone, I've got my backhoe... AND last week, the fire department THEMSELVES, were out (putting out another out-of-hand fire, but that's another long story made longer) last week with their bulldozer not only helping me prepare these piles for burning, BUT, they also bulldozed a fire break around them for me (to help them from having to make another call out my way to bail my hiney out)

My point to the officer was..."I'm not INTENDING on putting it out"

He just stood there and had NO idea what to say, so he just said "have a good night" and he walked away.

After he drove off... I saw the time (probably nearing 3:30) I drove Brutus home & went to bed.

btw, that's a catalog photo. Not my barn. And that's not me back there with the Llama.

It had crossed my mind to wonder if the Llama had anything to do with "Goat Roper" stories we heard while in Hope... it began to boggle my mind.

[;)] [6]