Free equipment for a good home

Bill Cain

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY

Thorens TD-166 MKII turntable w/ Grado MT+ cartridge

Hafler DH-101 Preamp w/ wood-grain case

Found on a shelf in a back room. I already threw out the packing / box for the Thorens, so you need to know what you're doing when you pick it up. I have the Owner's Manual.

This stuff is in mid (exit 59, L.I.E.) Suffolk County, NY. PM me with your phone number and I'll contact you with directions and we can figure out a pickup time. I don't want to try to travel with this TT and damage it. The reason I threw out the packing material was because I forgot I even had it. My forgetfulness is your benefit. I have no need for the pre-amp.

First reply gets first choice. [;)] If no pickup within 24 hours, goes to next reply.

why are you getting rid of it? I live nearby and will gladly hold some items for you if its space concern etc.

When cleaning out the attic, a box for a Thorens TD 166 and a wooden case for a Nakamichi 1000 were found. I had no recollection of the TT so I pitched the box into the dumpster. Of course, the day after the dumpster was picked up... I found the TT on a shelf, in a back room, along with the pre-amp.

Both units appear to be in perfect, if dusty, shape... after having set for 15 - 20 years. I would keep them both, if I still had the shipping box for the TT. But I don't. So, rather than wreck the TT tonearm in transit... I thought I'd give it to someone who could use it.

I don't need either unit, as I have several excess mixers (Rane MP-44 and Bozak 10-2DL) and turntables (Technics SL-1500 MKII's).

The Hafler pre-amp is spoken for and Eugene (screen name meuge) plans on picking it up tonight, if he's feeling better. He has a cold. I'll have to touch base with him to give good directions.

The Thorens TD 166 MKII is available for pickup only, until Friday, near exit 59 on the Long Island Expressway. I'll be leaving for ten days or so at that time. Whoever wants it can send me a PM with a phone number. I will then call them and confirm.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. [;)]

Sorry Bill,

I am really busy at work today and didn't notice the "pickup only" thing.

Thank you for your generous offer.

Andy

P.S. Besides, I still think I am going to buy a brand new, black Technics 1200MKII that was discussed in another good thread.

I have 1200 MKII's (1988) and 1500 MKII's (1977); they're all great. I'm planning on powdercoating the 1500's black.

I've added "LOCAL PICKUP ONLY" to the first message. Hopefully folks will notice it.