smilins double bass bin Stevewalls

Tom Mobley

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if anybody would notice that. :)

It's a 57, short stepside with big back window. I've owned it since '83. It has a '70 Z-28 front sub-frame, balanced and blueprinted 327 and TH400 automatic. I built the engine in '85, still running good. Currently has a 3.36 early Impala rear axle. Cruises the freeways well. I wrecked it in the front a few years back, it's going back together as a 55-56. I much prefer the grill of the 55-56. It has the 1.25" stabilizer bar, power disk brakes and ultra-fast steering box from an '80 WS-6 Trans-Am and drives like a Corvette. It's a lot of fun to frive around, but the custom A/C I installed is broken now. I only drag it out to haul plywood lately.

yes, there will be bracing/dampening stuff installed. I'll be installing wood panel stiffeners meant to dampen panel vibration without using up a lot of volume inside the box along with an egg crate type sponge material lining on at least some surfaces.

how long? soon. I want to at least do a quick listening test on one box before veneering. However, it's only fair to mention that I'm working 12s W, Th, F, and Sat and then going on a little vacation out of town from 7/3 to 7/11.

a few more . this shows drilling the port shelves. they're identical so I just stuck two slightly oversize pieces together with brads, trim to size, cut the insets and drill for the screw holes, then pop them apart. also at this time did the box divider, basically just a full length version of the port shelves. To get the correct port volume the shelf length ended up being 9" even.

post-9215-13819301887242_thumb.jpg

I forget the name, but Steve has some kind of 100W tube amps last I heard. There was a report of a set set of custom VRDs from Craig, but I don't know if that ever happened/ is happening.

Tommy, looking good so far, I been BUSY as hell with work, but, I am getting very excited. I am gonna finish with Craig, I also have Dodd 120's, and am gonna get me some 300b amps too. I am really wondering if I should be bi-amping these suckers? Whadiyathink? I may also get another pair of Lamm ML2's, or even get Craig to make me a pair of those Melquides, from the *******, Romy"the cat"site. TWT.[;)][:D]

Well, look who the cat drug in. I thought you died or something

Steve. I've made a little more progress, the back is fitted and

the box is all slicked up ready to veneer. See if you can get a

fire lit under Dean.

Did you see that part about being on vacation next week? 7/2 thru

7/10. I'll be in Georgia, my arms aren't long enough to keep

working from there. :)

It really looks pretty good. I'm looking forward to getting them cranked up now.

• 3 weeks later...