HEATWAVE

BigStewMan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

month and a half ago I was visiting India, and the temp lingered around 110-120F the entire month except for maybe the odd day where it'd rain and be slightly cooler? man it was ridiculously hot... I couldn't be outside in the pollution and heat for more than 1/2hr I'd feel my grey cells shrinking and feel my sanity slip away

95 degrees today in Burlington, VT and I love it!

I grew up in Laredo, TX (the devil's armpit) over 100 days of over 100 degrees and this is nothing!

I think you posted Laredo's winter temperature there CB. And armpit hell, Laredo is more like the devils bunghole.

No one ever believes how hot it is down there, until "they're there". I've had several guys in the office come up to me (after doing a site visit in Laredo) and say, "you actually grew up there, Oh my god".

It's only after you've been there a couple of days that you realize just how wrong the news weather report is, when they say the country's hight for the day temp. was some where in AZ. Though I must confess, it does get pretty warm in Calexico and down around that area. Even Pheonix gets pretty warm.

• 6 months later...

Some one should save this thread to re-post in Jan. or Feb. when we are all bitching about the cold and snow...............Americans never happy..........still great to be alive in America, hot or cold..................96 degrees Upstate N.Y..............

OB you asked for it. Here ya' go.

- Jim

Some one should save this thread to re-post in Jan. or Feb. when we are all bitching about the cold and snow...............Americans never happy..........still great to be alive in America, hot or cold..................96 degrees Upstate N.Y..............

OB you asked for it. Here ya' go.

- Jim

Ditto, as it is struggling to get out of the teens, and fixing to snow, here in Virginia of all places!

And what is the weather like right now up there in Upstate N.Y.?... [6] [st]

• 11 months later...
icon-quote.gif
oldbuckster:
Some one should save this thread to re-post in Jan. or Feb. when we are all bitching about the cold and snow...............Americans never happy..........stll great to be alive in America, hot or cold..................96 degrees Upstate N.Y..............

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Standing on the train platform at 5:15 am, the bank time / temperature sign just across from the station read 81 degrees already. In January I'll be standing on that same platform in the snow, 5 or 10 below zero, 20 MPH wind, and it'll be DARK.

When I get out of work on that January day it'll be dark already, I won't see the sun on any weekdays for 2 months.

Today when I get out of work it'll be close to 100 again, the sun will be out, and I will go home to sit on my deck and have a drink with my wife while the Weber is getting ready, and listening to my Klipsch outdoor speakers.

I am not gonna complain about this weather, I love it.

- Jim

Here ya' go again oldbuckster. The annual January / February re-posting of this thread.

5 below this morning

Thank You flannj , this makes my day, something I wrote a year ago comes back for public display, wow, I didn't know I mattered. It is sure cold, snow spitting, a little windy, Ah Yes, Mid-January ............ brrrrrr ! .... Hang in there Gents, one day closer to spring .......... Dam fuel oil may hurt this year, unbelievable the price ............. Stay warm

You think you east coasters have it rough--I haven't been able to wear my sunglasses all week!

Who you calling an East Coaster?

-3 right now here in the Midwest.

Supposed to get down to -18 out here tonight.

The snowmobilers will be out all night on the Fox River, they live for this.

When I get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning I'll be able to hear them still racing up and down the river.

It is a beautiful clear night with a bright moon and I'm actually going out for a walk right now.

I just wish there was more snow!

Brr. -3, no need for a sweatshirt even. I was ouside working on a refrigeration / heater unit ( Thermoking SB210 ) that died in the cold weather, a few nights ago. Someone had Jell-o for fuel, looked like a green slushie from the quikie mart. [:|]Trailer temperature was supposed to be at 45 F, and when I was called the temperature was 25 F in the box. ( after getting out of bed at 4 am )

It was - 34C without accounting for the windchill. Wind was said to be about 10 mph at the time. It was stinging cold on the hands ( especially playing with diesel fuel! ) Gloves are useless for some tasks that require good dexterity, and fuel will soak right through them.

You think you east coasters have it rough--I haven't been able to wear my sunglasses all week!
AH Stew, my heart bleeds for you Brother ................. One or two cold days isn't bad, but when you run 4 or 5 straight days of cold together, that's when the real trouble starts ............... Many, many fires this time of year, woodstoves mainly ............