Picture Thread: Exotic Original Veneers/Heritage Rarities...

Chris Elm

To the owners of these Fine looking speakers...............WOW, are they nice or what?..............keep 'em coming...........Fine examples of the Heritage Line..............all of them................

OK

Plain old Oak Oil Belle .

That's not Oak - It's Walnut!

Nope it's definitely Oak . I know it looks like Walnut , it's very deceiving until you see them in the same room . Only then can you tell the brunettes from the blondes .

Trust me . [;)]

Oh , one more thing . The guy I bought the Oak pair from used a 50/50 solution of lemon oil and "get this" olive oil . They almost have a patena tint to them .

To the owners of these Fine looking speakers...............WOW, are they nice or what?..............keep 'em coming...........Fine examples of the Heritage Line..............all of them................

OK

Nope it's definitely Oak . I know it looks like Walnut , it's very deceiving until you see them in the same room . Only then can you tell the brunettes from the blondes .

Trust me . [;)]

Oh , one more thing . The guy I bought the Oak pair from used a 50/50 solution of lemon oil and "get this" olive oil . They almost have a patena tint to them .

Nope that is not oak grain. No way. What do the tags say? That is a fine example of Klipsch best Walnut, Oiled finish in good bookmatched veneer. Not oak. Really.

OK

Trust me . [;)]

Nope that is not oak grain. No way. What do the tags say? That is a fine example of Klipsch best Walnut, Oiled finish in good bookmatched veneer. Not oak. Really.

How much would you like to wager ?

Budman. I was waiting for you to post these! I didn't want to beat you to the presses on your own speaker. This is the single most bizarre/rare/interesting factory veneer I have ever seen on a Klipsch product! Truly one of a kind. Please photograph more of your speakers!

Here are Budman's Rambling Rose-made from a reconstituted log, dyed, and pieced back together as I understand it...

That is the single most beautiful exotic veneer I have ever seen. Please PLEASE tell us how this was done OMG AMAZING!

Here are some more photos. Simply stunning and quite strange all in one!

Closeup of the grain:

post-12107-13819304972018_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Budman. I was waiting for you to post these! I didn't want to beat you to the presses on your own speaker. This is the single most bizarre/rare/interesting factory veneer I have ever seen on a Klipsch product! Truly one of a kind. Please photograph more of your speakers!

Here are Budman's Rambling Rose-made from a reconstituted log, dyed, and pieced back together as I understand it...

That is the single most beautiful exotic veneer I have ever seen. Please PLEASE tell us how this was done OMG AMAZING!

One more from the front...

post-12107-13819304972538_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good thing for me as both you and cutthroat were correct !!!

The labels are very hard to read , Ie , almost impossible . But when I shined my trusty led penlight on them I could make out BK ......

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

BKWL

Ouch ! I am however able to fess up when I am wrong , and boy was I wrong . They are really blonde collered when you see them in the same room as my front 3 WO Belles , and were advertised as being Oak . But alas they are WL .

Now I am perplexed that the seller told me he used a combination of lemon and olive oil on them .

BTW , I found this out 2 hours ago but I felt it only right for you to name your wager . You could have had a years salary , all my Belles or perhaps a case of Rockstar !!!

Good thing for me that you did not respond !!! [:D][:P]

Good thing for me as both you and cutthroat were correct !!!

The labels are very hard to read , Ie , almost impossible . But when I shined my trusty led penlight on them I could make out BK ......

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

BKWL

Ouch ! I am however able to fess up when I am wrong , and boy was I wrong . They are really blonde collered when you see them in the same room as my front 3 WO Belles , and were advertised as being Oak . But alas they are WL .

Now I am perplexed that the seller told me he used a combination of lemon and olive oil on them .

BTW , I found this out 2 hours ago but I felt it only right for you to name your wager . You could have had a years salary , all my Belles or perhaps a case of Rockstar !!!

Good thing for me that you did not respond !!! [:D][:P]

Best way to tell oak is looking at the grain and seeing that small lines in the grain. basicaly something like this :

y17_2.gif

I like the straight on look of black without grills - the tweeters look like bowties giving that classic formal look.

Bowties, must be a Chevy Man.........eh!!..................Black is great.......but, More Exotic Wood..............Give me more ideas........Love Budman's.............thanx chris, just what I needed, more to think about.................first what kind of speakers I want, now what kind of finish.............Who said this would be easy??..........