Lets build a cornwall clone

Guest " "

I use a jasper jig, partsexpress has it for 50 dollars for both 1-8 inch cutter and 7-26 in i believe. They are yes overpriced but they last forever if kept well and they cannot unloosen while you drill and make a wide circle. They are holed individually and work with many routers.

you can get creative and do things like this:

Subwoofer%20059.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay481985

I have the one you PM'ed me about on order. It will be useful for next project.

I'm still looking for an adjustable jig for square holes.

Think I'll be using the slice and dice menthod til I find something.

Looks good, my mouth was watering, maybe it was my eyes when I looked at the pictures of all your drivers and networks. Quite a stockpile you have there. I took a look at that page for the crossover equations, very nice if I do say so. I just bought a copy of the instructions on how to build a speakerlab K and am contemplating building one this fall. Although have some diagrams of the jubilee as well. Haven't decided on which way to go, the better half is about fed up with my speaker fetish[:o].

Where are you located, I'm in the northern panhandle of West Virginia. I was curious about your Home Depot carrying that plywood you are using, our Lowes doens't carry anything that nice. There is a Home Depot about 40 miles away and may have to check it out. .

Thanks again for the info and hope to see pics from your next project.

Located in NYC

All the HD's in NYC and Central Jersey carry birch, oak, and sand-ply plywoods.

The original speakerlab K instructions are pretty detailed. I would'nt go with their Xover schematic.

The parts are for some projects that family members have asked for. Will be working thru some of the projects over the next few months.

I have a Jub project pending. Still undecided if I want to use 2 pairs of LaScala's as the core for the Jub dog house's, or build from scratch.

Depending on your room size, may also want to consider "cornscala" or cornwall. Both are favorites.

Located in NYC

All the HD's in NYC and Central Jersey carry birch, oak, and sand-ply plywoods.

I agree. The Homedepot in Jersey City is basically falling apart, atleast now Lowes is there and kicks their *** in things like having the right size item and having it on the proper shelf and not having it on the floor and you trying to look for it. I went to the Lowes in Staten Island just to buy MDF because the Jersey city one was passing particle board as mdf and Lowes was not built yet in Jersey City.

The plywoods over in Staten Island can vary sometimes as I remember seeing marine grade (no plugs) and sometimes the same price but was selling plywood with plugs as voidfree.

The best Homedepot I saw was the one on route 78 in NJ. It is the biggest and cleanest one I have seen in NJ, also the Homedepot owned home furnishing store is next door.