WOW!!!!!!! I just got my Marantz receiver

Mongster1981

and boy does it make my rf 7s rock i will never owne any thing else i have been tweeking on it for about half a day and it is amazing . the bummer thing is it is 5.1 but it was the top of the line one and it can have 6.1 if any one knows how do do this let me know it is the sr-18 marantz klispch guys i have had denon, pioneer, pioneer elite, sony, and marantz now finaly the holly grail sory about the spelling i am good at math not spelling or gramer and what not! just wanted to say if you get the chance to hear klipsch with marantz dont pass it up wow!!!!!!!

tha power rating is 140 wats per channle i bougt on craigslist.con and i reali wanted a 7.1 reciever to be up with the jonses u know wy what is so not bummer about 5.1

140 per Awesome power........should have plenty of wallop........You can live quite well with 5.1 at 140 per.......didn't you mention 6.1?......I wouldn't worry about keepin' up with the Jones.................They'll be tryin' to keep up to you.......Mark my words........that 5.1 or 6.1 Mararantz set up will have THEM drooling...........get a mop and bucket ready........

Denon and Marantz are both owned by D&M holdings. Always figured they were basically some small packaging / interface differences between the products, perhaps that is not true.

Picky's right Marantz now owns Mc Intosh...................I'd rather own a Marantz, than a Denon......use to laugh at Marantz in the 70's............Now, Marantz owners laugh at me. Go figure, .........Should've jumped on that stuff..........Oh well, Who knew............I can't imagine a 140 watt per channel Marantz............bet I wouldn't need a sub with my Heresy's with that power unit...........Damn............always something on here to make one think, and wish, and figure a way to pull it off..................Dumb Forum............FEED THE NEED........

I was told by a custom installer in Columbia (Sound Advice) that the Denon was considered the "Builder" grade and the Marantz was more of the upper end line but built by the same company. He has done many installs over the years so he might know what he's talking about, however he may be referring to the particular model of unit he sells, etc etc etc

the bummer thing is it is 5.1 but it was the top of the line one and it can have 6.1 if any one knows how do do this let me know it is the sr-18 marantz

Very, very nice!

Check out this review of the Marantz SR-18 on Audioholics! This is definitly a step up from the Denon AVR-3802 - closer in line to something like the Denon 5700!

I am currently using a Denon AVR-3802 in my system, but it is acting as a pre/pro in front of a 200 watt/channel B&K 7-channel amp (and you really want to talk about making those RF-7s rock - it sure does make mine rock! [8] [li])

Does it have pre-outs for 6.1 or 7.1? If so, than you could use (an) external amp(s) to drive a 6.1 setup, otherwise, you're pretty much up a creek without a paddle as far as 6.1 goes. Personlly, I would not worry about it, as there is practically nothing that actually uses a full 6.1 setup (and in my case, yes I can do a full 7.1 setup, but I am only running 6.1, for the simple fact that I don't have room for that seven speaker on the rear wall anyway - thus one channel in my amp is going unused). There is no need to keep up with the Joneses in this case, and most likely, the Joneses probably has some crappy Bose system anyway - of which your system is more than capable of completely blowing away into the next state - 6.1 or not! Yup, as somebody else already alluded to above, it is more likely the Joneses will be wanting to keep up with you here!

Awesome and enjoy - sounds like you scored a nice piece there!