YOU BONE HEADS MADE ME MISS MY FLIGHT, DANGIT!

Gilbert

Dagnabit, it's been 9 months since I visited the folks back home. Made an easy flt from Tulsa to DFW. 2 hour layover, grab a bite to eat and log-on to the DFW wireless network.

tick, tick tick goes the clock and gilberts busy type-talking with his bone head buddy's here on the klipsch forum. tick tick tick, gilbert looks up at the over head and notices.... Gate Change for Laredo.... Shitzille I says (sorry snoop dog), because I've got less than 1min to make it. So I gives her all I got with this 44yr old body, and too late.... We're sooo sorry sir, I feel bad for you, (yea, me too) .....

Can I book you on the next flight... Duh! Nah, I'll just spend the night here, nothing new right....

AAAaaaah! Fini, and Travis it's your fault![;)]

• Moderators

Dagnabit, it's been 9 months since I visited the folks back home. Made an easy flt from Tulsa to DFW. 2 hour layover, grab a bite to eat and log-on to the DFW wireless network.

tick, tick tick goes the clock and gilberts busy type-talking with his bone head buddy's here on the klipsch forum. tick tick tick, gilbert looks up at the over head and notices.... Gate Change for Laredo.... Shitzille I says (sorry snoop dog), because I've got less than 1min to make it. So I gives her all I got with this 44yr old body, and too late.... We're sooo sorry sir, I feel bad for you, (yea, me too) .....

Can I book you on the next flight... Duh! Nah, I'll just spend the night here, nothing new right....

Gilbert,

I am having a "spitting Coke at the computer monitor" moment. This story beats all I have ever heard on this forum. And it is a true story nonetheless.

We need to give you the "Forum Best Story" award for this one, and to think you want to give Professor Fini and Travis all the credit.

Nope...no sir...no addiction here![;)]

• Moderators

Gilbert,

I was close to Dtel's wife, but being I am from Texas I had a near spitting DR. PEPPER at the computer screen. Is Coke that stuff I heard about that they make in Atlanta?

Gilbert, that is the first time I have been accused of having something interesting enough to say that someone missed a flight. Actually what happened is Fini sent me a private email betting me that he could get you to stick that head of yours in the sand causing you to miss an important deadline if I would just follow his lead.

You should have grabbed a flight to Austin, you could have spent the night with us, listened to some vinyl, seen for yourself how wall wall racks work, ate some bbq, had a bourbon and a beer and we would have put you on a flight to Laredo in the a.m. So, when we attempt to do a repeat on your return flight, and you miss the Laredo to DFW flight, catch one to Austin this time.

Travis

Actually what happened is Fini sent me a private email betting me that he could get you to stick that head of yours in the sand causing you to miss an important deadline if I would just follow his lead.

You should have grabbed a flight to Austin, you could have spent the night with us, listened to some vinyl, seen for yourself how wall wall racks work, ate some bbq, had a bourbon and a beer and we would have put you on a flight to Laredo in the a.m. So, when we attempt to do a repeat on your return flight, and you miss the Laredo to DFW flight, catch one to Austin this time.

Travis

Heck, with a deal like that, I'm flyin' into Austin to pay off my debt!

• Moderators

Actually what happened is Fini sent me a private email betting me that he could get you to stick that head of yours in the sand causing you to miss an important deadline if I would just follow his lead.

Travis

Heck, with a deal like that, I'm flyin' into Austin to pay off my debt!

Actually, you won the bet because he missed his flight and I bet you we couldn't do it. But to pay it off you can come on down and I will pay it off with the above described hospitality. But NO SCOTCH. Plenty of Ca's finest wine though.

Travis

Actually, you won the bet because he missed his flight and I bet you we couldn't do it. But to pay it off you can come on down and I will pay it off with the above described hospitality. But NO SCOTCH. Plenty of Ca's finest wine though.

Travis

What's with the scotch hating ? I think we need to get you a good bottle of some single malt scotch and erase that memory of some redlabel you had.....

• Moderators

Travis

What's with the scotch hating ? I think we need to get you a good bottle of some single malt scotch and erase that memory of some redlabel you had.....

Actually, it was a carry over from the reel to reel thread about no Scotch tape. A long time ago I drank Scotch for a short time, mainly The Macallan 18, and it just never suited my tastes. Clients drop off stuff of all the time, and the scotch that get dropped off just builds up here, I think I have 5 bottles of 18 that have been sitting around for several years that never get drunk. I just prefer good bourbon over scotch, so there is always plenty of Booker's here. Funny thing is, most die hard scotch drinkers don't seem to mind when I pour them a Booker's. What is ironic is if it was not for bourbon or sherry you couldn't make scotch. I don't think I have ever had redlabel, but I do have a bottle of blue a client gave me if you ever get down this way, or The Macallan, but I don't think you would be disapointed with Booker's either. Maybe it's a southern thing?

Travis

Actually it is ironic without bourbon or sherry scotch cannot be made. Heck, if I ever get down there I would love to share a booker's. I remember seeing that is one of the four bottles of small batch. Also I believe the most expensive!

Also if you just have a couple bottles that are sitting there with no use... I think I can give them a good home! [:D] I would even pay shipping!!! Hey I am legal too btw look at my sn so all is legit! Also I do like bourbon, I mean hey Whiskey or Whisky is all good [:)] I just love seeing the other college kids shying away from that and loving beer or some vodka.... I just go straight for the good stuff! The only time I ever see people drinking whiskey is when they use it as a mixer or stuff.....

Also as a note, try with the scotch to drink it and then add some water (purists say no ice and use distilled [8-)] but I like using ice cold water) as the scotch tends to open up with the water