Concert DVD's .....I wish

oldbuckster

Deep Purple "Made in Japan".

It's not a complete concert by any means, but the DVD New, Live, &

Rare, features 24 tracks, some life, some MTV-type videos of about

every incarnation of Purple. (Sadly, thought Steve Morse and Joe Lynn

Turner are included, there is no footage with Glenn Hughes or Tommy

Bolin)

Lots of the the live cuts are from the 95-96 era with Steve on Guitar, but there are quite a few from the reformed MKII linup in 85.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steppenwolf would be nice, OLD Steppenwolf would be better......Heavy Metal Thunder, sun glasses on, fist pumping in the air, "God Damn the Pusher Man"...........Yeah man, I'm feelin' it................"Head out on the Highway".............Damn that feels good...........sorry!!!

If you guys like Steppenwolf the dvd "Live In Louisville" is the best thing I've ever heard from Steppenwolf and the audio is top notch.The Pusher will give you chills.

Is this the original band or Steppenwolf with John Kay?

Phil

It's w/John K.(which is Steppenwolf imo).If you like Steppenwolf the music sounds right,the vocals sound right and it could not sound more like Steppenwolf.Some songs sound better to me than the studio versions,what else could a fan want?

Got to do one more, really thought there would be more ideas but I guess equipment is more important, oh well;

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble Live at Carnegie Hall; from the standard 3 piece Trio, to a band backed by the Roomful of Blues Horn Section, here is Stevie Ray Vaughan in all his glory......Hotter than a Bowl of Texas Chili.....this is a great overview of his short but storied career....It gives you a great taste of why many think of him as the greatest guitarist ever...a super star in a setting worth of his talent... Carnegie Hall...

Think about it ........Must be something you own Live on disc or vinyl you'd like to see put out on DVD.......

• Moderators

Oldbuckster how is that dvd sound quality and pic.

I have SRV and Double Trouble live from Austin,Texas many good songs but the sound is just ok it's from 1983.

The one you have may have a better sound ?

Oldbuckster how is that dvd sound quality and pic.

I have SRV and Double Trouble live from Austin,Texas many good songs but the sound is just ok it's from 1983.

The one you have may have a better sound ?

Dtel......It's a live cd I WISH they would release AS a DVD..........the thread is about Live music you own that is not available on dvd, that you wish they would release as a DVD

It's a great Compact Disc.......worthy of any Cornwall.........Stevie's music played with different size bands..............

A DVD you should own is Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble....Live at Montreux.1982-1985.......Very good picture and sound......On a personal note..1982 show you can here the crowd Booing him......kinda' pitiful really.....pisses me off, but he's fine

• Moderators

You explained it so well I thought maby it was real , hoping it was real. I like the DVD I have, being he died so young that may be one of the few DVD's that we will ever be available.

I have been so stuck on DVD's i rarely look at Cd's, need to change that.

A LOT of good suggestions in this thread. Here's a couple more.....

I would like to see a cleaned up audio version (as well as a DVD) of QUEEN: LIVE KILLERS. It's an outstanding performance, but sounds horrid in it's original release state. One of my favorite bands of all time - and this recording is just the right time in thier career to capture them on audio/video.

The Name Of This Band Is TALKING HEADS: An earlier snapshot of TH than the "Stop Making Sense" video, and would be an excellent video edition.

PHISH: New Year's Eve at Madison Square Garden (1995): This was just released in audio by Rhino, and might possibly be the best Phish performance of all time. This was in the prime of thier career, and at one of the greatest large venues ever. Come to think of it, I would be more than game for more Phish video from 1994-1997, assuming any of that exists in thier archives.

You explained it so well I thought maby it was real , hoping it was real. I like the DVD I have, being he died so young that may be one of the few DVD's that we will ever be available.

I have been so stuck on DVD's i rarely look at Cd's, need to change that.

Well thank you.....................I really do love the Music.............DVD's Concerts are the best value for your money.......even if you don't watch you can listen.............

Steppenwolf would be nice, OLD Steppenwolf would be better......Heavy Metal Thunder, sun glasses on, fist pumping in the air, "God Damn the Pusher Man"...........Yeah man, I'm feelin' it................"Head out on the Highway".............Damn that feels good...........sorry!!!

If you guys like Steppenwolf the dvd "Live In Louisville" is the best thing I've ever heard from Steppenwolf and the audio is top notch.The Pusher will give you chills.

Is this the original band or Steppenwolf with John Kay?

Phil

It's w/John K.(which is Steppenwolf imo).If you like Steppenwolf the music sounds right,the vocals sound right and it could not sound more like Steppenwolf.Some songs sound better to me than the studio versions,what else could a fan want?

ummm, not really....I've seen them both. Your correct in that John Kay was the voice and the lead man, however, some of the younger muscians I saw....well it just wasn't the same, not the same emotion...not the same vibe....

Not to argue with you though....even with just John Kay it was a great show.

Phil

I would like to see a cleaned up audio version (as well as a DVD) of QUEEN: LIVE KILLERS. It's an outstanding performance, but sounds horrid in it's original release state. One of my favorite bands of all time - and this recording is just the right time in thier career to capture them on audio/video.

The Name Of This Band Is TALKING HEADS: An earlier snapshot of TH than the "Stop Making Sense" video, and would be an excellent video edition.

PHISH: New Year's Eve at Madison Square Garden (1995): This was just released in audio by Rhino, and might possibly be the best Phish performance of all time. This was in the prime of thier career, and at one of the greatest large venues ever. Come to think of it, I would be more than game for more Phish video from 1994-1997, assuming any of that exists in thier archives.

My first Phish show was the Summer tour 1994 Eagles Ballroom (the upstairs!) in Milwaukee. They were great pre-Jerry death. Only a few thousand fans....

My first Phish show was the Summer tour 1994 Eagles Ballroom (the upstairs!) in Milwaukee. They were great pre-Jerry death. Only a few thousand fans....

WOW - you saw the "OJ" show?!?!?!?!? Best "Also Sprach" evah. "Go OJ - do it OJ......OOOOOOOOOHHHHH JAYYYYYYYYYY........." You hadda be there[:)]

....and while the smaller crowd sizes were certainly more desireable pre-Jerry death, Phish could still "unzip your dome" in front of 20K plus just the same. It was quite amazing how they kept that "bar band" feel even in front of larger throngs.....well, at least through about '97 or so.

My Wish List:

1. Humble Pie - Live at the Fillmore

2. Foghat Live

3. Pat Travers - Live Go for what you know

Foghat original line-up Lonesome Dave, Roger Earl, Tone Stevens, Rod Price would be really nice............always wanted the hard Rock and hard Roll Album done LIVE....Rod Price underrated Guitarist for sure...........

My Wish List:

1. Humble Pie - Live at the Fillmore

2. Foghat Live

3. Pat Travers - Live Go for what you know

I have a great Steve Marriot dvd,Packet of three,lots of Pie tunes done very well.I also have a Foghat dvd(2 centuries of Boogie?)one of Dave's last shows but really good.I also have a Pat Travers -Boom Boom Live(1990),many of the great tunes done very well.

I understand we're talkin' about classic performances generally not available on dvd.I just want to make note there are good substitutes for those who care.