DIY Khorn Project Complete (pics of process) part 2

HarleyMo

I think Tom posted pics as his project progressed which kept some viewers on the edged of their seats waiting for updates. Your project cut to the chase; went from start to finish in no time, no waiting. It was good!Now I'm contemplating whether to try a Khorn project or the Jubilee. Looks like the Jubilee would be less difficult but I'm not sure what horn I can find to do the job.

Really a beautiful job. I have a CD that BigdnFay sent to me, but I also still have a set of plans for another corner horn design by a forum member. I would like to make them my first corner horn build. I got the LS to fill the space in the interim, and a bass mod will come first on them.

Dana, I'll build them some day!

Like the saw best of all. Pricey guy, though.

Bruce

I like the looks and the label, but they look like Khorns to me and I think the label should say they are Vogel modified copies of Klipsch Khorns

beautiful work

Colin, I think your completely wrong on that. After all, they are NOT Klipschorns! They are not copies and they are not modified Klipschorns, are they?! Can't be a copy because:

1) different plans were used and required to complete the project; none were from Klipsch.

2) So what if they "look" like Klipschorns? Idiots say that about my horns, too, which should be abundantly clear to anyone with a smidgeon of sense that they are 2 entirely different things!

I think they should absolutely NOT say anything about being Klipschorns!

BTW, the label DOES say exactly that, doesn't it?! It does a humorous tip-of-the-hat to PWK in its layout. I like it alot.

But I'm not really kidding about signing them. Sign your work!

Dana

Bruce, I got it from him also, although I had the speakerlab plans already. I used them combined with planb on the cd to make them look like khorns. The way I looked at the saw purchase was that I wasnt going to be able to do it on my little delta table top saw, and to buy a contractor grade or something like Tom bought before his Belle project would have cost a lot more. Plus even with the better table saw, your still struggling with manhandling a 4x8 or 4x4 sheet of plywood and trying to keep it straight and square, not to mention the angle cuts. This saw made it so easy. I looked at using just a regular circular saw and straightedge, but then you have to worry about offsets clamping it down etc. Plus I found somewhere that had it under $400.

I agree with you on the label Dana. I could never hope to match the quality of Klipsch, hell I just saw the pics of Dtels Cornwall IIIs omg, those were gorgeous. They do amazing work down there. As has been said many times, I didnt do this to save money. Probably spent over 1500 all toll. Could have had a used pair for that, well maybe. It was the challenge, mainly cause so many people said dont even try, its too hard.

Harley

• 2 weeks later...

Harley, Bruce and BigdnFay-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I would very much appreciate a copy of the CD with the alternative to the Speakerlab plans. If a copy can be burned I would reimburse you for the cost. Alternatively, if a CD could be lent to me I would burn a copy and return the original, plus reimburse you for postage.

Please send an email or PM before sending a CD, to avoid duplicates.

BTW Harley you did an excellent job. That saw was a wise purchase. I'll bet that Mrs. Costello live in the City of Lights does sound fantastic.