any ALK Trachhorns in or near North Jersey?

TommyK

Greetings,

I am thinking of breaking the piggy bank and spending my nickles on Al's Trachhorns for my '77 Belles. I'd like to listen before I buy, and to that end, I am inquiring if anyone in my area has a pair. Anyone in Jersey, Southern NY, Fairfield CT??? Naturally I'd rather hear and see them on Belles, but KHorns would do.

Gratefully,

TommyK, Kinnelon NJ 07405

DeanG is not online. Last active: 08-25-2006, 4:59 PMDeanG

I also read your feed back that is posted on AL's web site.

I am always intrested in first impressions about these types of things. Some folks are very gifted when it comes to sharing audio impressions......just post a thread and ask "what does the sound of tubes sound like" and you get the most amazing responses.

I read a few of the threads about the sound of different brands of tubes and have come to appreciate other folks perceptions.

Unlike threads about speaker wire, bi-amping, bi-wiring, etc, the sound of horns and tubes seems like something everyone is in general agreement on.

""Well, I think there is a general agreement that people who prefer solid grate like having their chests thumped while their ears are being cleared out by a power drill.:)""

I can't stop laughing..............................

Perhaps I'll have to arrange for a stop by on my next trip to our Nation's Capital.

I can see it now - "oh honey, remember how last month I let you stop off at that outlet off I95 and buy another pair of shoes, well mind if I stop off and listen to some new horns?"

Thanks, TommyK

Tommy, I hope that you get a chance to hear a pair. Earlier this year, I installed a pair of Trachorns on my 1977 Belles and could not be happier. I just wish that I had listened to Dean earlier on his Trachorn impressions and fully concentrated on my speakers first. Might have saved me some upgrades in other areas.

Here is my initial review:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/677005.aspx

Since then, I have run Eminence APT200s (driver that Bob Crites uses) and Beyma CP25 - ended up with the Eminence.

Carl.

P.S. BTW, forum members Sheltie Dave, Capt. Bob, lo123 and Naimut are familiar with my Trachorn Belles should you ever want to solicit their listening impressions