------------------

Phono Linn LP-12 Vahalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

Thanks for the tip Mobile. Are you referring to that stuff I see in the car care products at Wal-Mart by Eagle One I believe. I think it's called Never Dull.

I was checking out your Asylum Listing link and noticed that you use Category 5 wiring for your Eico system. Isn't that wire normally used more in computer hardware connections or am I thinking of something else? If it is, do you prefer this wire with the Eico over the DIY? Why so?

Yes...NEVER DULL. SEE this link with a pic of it via a page on the EICO I did:

http://66.155.4.65/eico_hf-81/eico_hf81_review2.htm

IF you actually go to the link, it will be explained.

As for the CAT5 wire, this actually one of the most used DIY types wire around (it is separated and re-twisted in multiples performing a braid...a braid that can tear your fingers apart if you dont use a drill to twist) and lord if it is not time consuming to make. IT is indeed the computer network wire but remember, some makes are better than others due to the type of material surrounding the wire itself (PVC vs Teflon).

The DIYCable wire works VERY well with the 2A3 amps. I have actually found the EICO to be slightly less picky about cable. But the DIYCable did work well, as did Transparent wire which performed terribly with the Moondogs. I have even used simple Home Depot 12 gauge and it was OK although much less focused with indistinct imaging but warm bass .. Kimber 8TC and 4TC did well and was very articulate.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 02-01-2002 at 07:04 PM

Beatjunky,

Sorry about the delay. Last couple of days spent helping neighbors, most Seniors, dig out from the big snow dump earlier this week. More still ahead today.

Used NEVER-DULL as mobile said. Yea, found it auto section of local WAL-MART. Smells like hell, but works wonders on brass. Just don't lite up around the stuff and you be ok. Your arms will get a work out too.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 02-03-2002 at 09:36 AM

By the way, this is to all who use Never-Dull. IF you CAN get the polishing done with traditional BRASSO, then do this. Use a soft cotton cloth and buff hard... wait to dry and shine with clean cotton. This is the best for shine and DOES NOT SCRATCH.

The NEVER DULL is best used when you have really difficult brass as many of the HF-81 front plates have. IT does work wonders but it also puts very, very tiny micro scratches in the brass. You actually only notice them if REALLY looking. They are worth the risk when it's bad and most would not even notice. I have Neverdulled the hell out of all my EICO face plates and they look great...but for general shine with NO scratching, BRASSO works the best.

------------------

Phono Linn LP-12 Vahalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>