Pink Floyd.......Me too.

oldbuckster

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who do get a chance to purchase,borrow or listen to Pros and Cons(those who haven't yet), I recommend listening from the beginning to the end. I listened to it again 2 nights ago. Love it!

It certainly is a good set of disc's. Not being a big Floyd fan this 2 disc package is making a believer out of me..........Great Stuff..........but you must admit Lascaladan that second disc is a KILLER, the icing on the cake, if you will. I will from this point on have a much greater respect for David Gilmore, and remaining band members of Pink Floyd. What a show, the complete Concert Presentation was a Top Notch Production, My hat's Off to them.............That's what a Rock Show is all about............

I just reread Lascaladan's post.........oops I read it wrong, I commented on Pulse again, Sorry.........the Old eyes and mind are letting me down.........Damn this getting old is for the birds.........but I liked the Pulse so much, I'll leave the post.............Sorry Dan.....I miss read it................

For those of you who do get a chance to purchase,borrow or listen to Pros and Cons(those who haven't yet), I recommend listening from the beginning to the end. I listened to it again 2 nights ago. Love it!

Since the reccomendation earlier, I have been to three music stores and no one carries it. I may have to order this at Amazon.

Phil

I understood Townsend and Roger carrying on the Who name as long as John Entwhistle was still with them, What a Bassist the OX was, but to continue the Who name now that John has passed is wrong..........if they want to do Songs of the Who, fine,but to call themselves the Who is just not right.............Put the Who to rest.....Let the Band live through their music.................Please Let Go Pete and Roger..........It's over.........

OB,

Sorry for being OT but I would agree with you 'cept I thought they should've packed it in when Keith gave up the ghost. The interplay between he and John was the foundation of the 'WHO' sound and it allowed Pete to jump around, flail away and do that windmill-thing at will. Kenney and later, Zak played drums well enough but they never matched the energy and sheer force that Keith had infused. You can even hear the difference on the albums (or maybe I'm just being biased). The last Who show I saw with Keith on the skins was to date, the loudest concert I've ever attended. The most notable difference between that and the post-Moon shows was that I could hardly take my eyes off when Keith was assaulting the drums while I hardly even noticed Kenney Jones.

I am going to the Virgin Festival next weekend and it'll be the 5th time I've seen the Who but that's certainly not why I'm going and I imagine it'll be little more than a 'Nostalgia Tour' for the fans that want to say they saw them.

Have fun - Bryan

JBryan,.......I think they continued on after Keith's death as a tribute to Him. He was a major reason for the Band's sucess, let me say this, Keith Moon was Rock's Greatest Drummer, just my opinion, He attacked those drums, he didn't play them. I had the priviledge of seeing the Who with Keith, my first Rock concert as a matter of fact, and will never forget Mr. Moon. Keith Moon and John Entwhistle were a fine Rhytmn section, one of the Best, and with the OX's passing, half the Band is gone. Honor them by letting the Band rest. Pete, Roger let it go, it's over, play your songs, call it "the Songs of the Who", just, Let It Be.....................Long Live Rock.......................just my thoughts.........

I've had the CD and the VHS tape since the first week Pulse was released way back when. Even the tape version was spectacular, so I knew when we finally got a true 5.1 remix on DVD is would be magnificent. It was not disappointing.

If anyone does not have the PULSE dvd by now, what on Earth are you waiting for?

Michael

Fish, my 2 local Walmarts have Pulse, but not Roger Waters Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking. The disc "not able to find " is Pros and Cons. It must be available through the net somewhere. Best Buy can Special Order it(they did recently for a buddy of mine in another state from me. It is so worth having(Oh, I mentioned that already). Phil Mays,keep searching.

[;)] LSDan..Will add Roger's DVD to the Get list, always open to new tunes, you never know what you'll find when watching something you've never seen. alot are pleasent surprises......Thanx for the tip.....Just starting to build DVD Concert collection, and don't want to repeat same mistakes I made with VHS concert tapes, too many, too soon, many just because they were there, and in the end, I had too many I didn't like...........As much as I like the Pulse, it will never replace The Last Waltz by the Band.........That is what it's all about to me......that is ...never mind.....It's my favorite.........Nuff Said..............

OB, I am sorry to say Pros and Cons is in cd format only. Music only. No picture. FYI.

I didn't know that.......see I thought you were talking about DVD's........My CD purchases have slowed right down lately.............right now, I think DVD's are a better bang for the buck......what do I know?......Just an old dinosaur in a modern world..........[:$]

Ok, i finally got the chance to watch the DVD. Some parts were absolutely fantastic, others, (well I have been a PF fan since I first heard Interstellar Overdrive in 1967 back when KMPX in San Francisco was still underground only broadcasting late Sunday nights.) It was different to hear the improvisation in places and I wasn't really impressed with the audio track, not at all what a live concert is all about IMHO. infact I thought the encore was a better mix than the first part of disc two.

I will say I was really surprised during Great Gig in the Sky, I didn't think a white girl could sing like that, one hell of a set of .. er.. lungs [:)]

To me the midrange wasn't there, but then I was not listening to my Khorns but I know what to expect from my Paradigms

just my two cents

Jack

Phil,my local Walmart has about 5 copies,you might try them.

My walmart doesn't even have a Roger Waters section.

Went to a horse show this weekend. When I was completely bored I went to the expedition and sliped in the Pulse DVD and watched it again this weekend!!!!

Not the best of environments, but beat the hell out of a horse show!

Phil

Roger Waters plays tonight at the Palace in Auburn Hills. According to the freep: "Pink Floyd bassist-lyricist Roger Waters drops into the Palace of

Auburn Hills tonight for a show that includes 1973's "The Dark Side of

the Moon" in its entirety"

Sure would like to compare it to the DVD. Any of our Detroit area members going?

I found a copy of Pros and Cons on vinyl at my local record store this weekend ($10), and can you believe it's got so much surface noise I couldn't even get thru the first song. [:(]

I have bought a number of used albums from these guys and this is the first that is truly crappy! I always check them over visibly first, and clean them on my Nitty Gritty Mini Pro 2, and it didn't make a difference with this one. I hope they'll let me swap it.

Mike

as far as pulse being a "live concert video" i would be willing to bet at least 1/3 or more was filmed at sound check or just rehearsal. no concert is flawless just good editing to make it look perfect. watch the roger waters dvd the wall he preformed in germany, the first song and part of the second song the audio cut off or something happened when the show started but on the dvd its perfect, so with some editing & filmed reherals it sounds & looks great, but i was at that concert in berlin & heard the problem but if you were not there you would never know there were any problems

unless you wre there or heard a bootleg of th show SO PULSE IS NOT WITHOUT FLAWS THEY JUST EDIT IT TO LOOK & SOUND THAT WAY.

Roger Waters plays tonight at the Palace in Auburn Hills. According to the freep: "Pink Floyd bassist-lyricist Roger Waters drops into the Palace of

Auburn Hills tonight for a show that includes 1973's "The Dark Side of

the Moon" in its entirety"

Sure would like to compare it to the DVD. Any of our Detroit area members going?

I WOULD BET ITS A BETTER SHOW THAN DAVIDS PULSE, JUST NOT AS MANY VISUALS MAYBETHT DAVIDS TRICK...LOTS OF THINGS TO LOOK AT TO TAKE YOUR MIND AWAY FOR A MIN OR TO.

I HOPE YOUR GOING TO THE SHOW IT WILL BE GREAT