Anyone See Bob Seeger & Silver Bullet Band Last Night on Leno ?

mark1101

I usually go to bed before midnight on week days but I stayed up to see the mystery man. I have always liked Bob Seeger's music and voice but never had an opportunity to see him live. He never seemed to tour very much back in his hey day and he was NEVER on TV his whole career until last night. I thought that was pretty wild. He was never on TV before.

Do any of you remember rumours that something happened to his throat and he quit? I heard those 25 years ago, don't know if it was true. He was just a mystery man to me that I never got to see until last night.

It's hard to tell how good he still is because he played a song from his new CD and his band provides a LOT of fill. A five or six piece band with 4 backup singers (1 is a guy). He played acoustic guitar, and sang of course.

I would rate his performance last night as just "OK". He sounds good. Like a "classic/older" version of himself if you can remember the sound of "Nine Tonight". He clearly sang off key a couple of times, but it was still pretty good. It was nice to finally see him.

He looked about how I figured he would. Heavy and gray, shorter (but not short) hair with grandpa reading glasses on, and a smile. Like a big ole' Bob Seeger. He looked BIG sittiing next to Jude Law.

He interviewed with Jay for a couple of minutes and just laughed it up a little. He's going out on tour (last one 10 years ago he said) and still lives in Detroit, where he said he always has.

I wished he would have done a couple of tunes and really let it out. Like I said it was hard to tell what he can still do. But I'll bet he can still put on a great show. Looks like he still has it.

Growing up in Detroit "Rocking Robert", as he was often called by DJs, got plenty of air play. I had not heard the rumors about his throat, but wondered why he "fell of the face of the earth". I moved to the east coast and thought maybe he just was not as big out here as he was in his home state.

I did not catch him on Leno, wish I had. Sounds like he is a little bit older and a lot less bolder [8] but we all know Rock n roll never forgets. Not sure where in Detroit he has been...perhaps Down on Mainstreet. Was he enjoying those hollywood nights
In those hollywood hills
during his trip out to see Leno? Sounds like with the weight he as put on he was Like a Rock sitting next to Jude Law. You think he will Turn the Page on a new chaper in life, or is he Still the Same? Maybe he needs to work on his Night Moves.

Man, that is just too easy. [:$]

Love Bob Seger! His Live Bullet album from '76 is one of the best concert albums ever imho! Sadly, I never got to see him live. The Live Bullet album is one I would love to see done on DVD!

Mike

While not a huge Seger fan, I think I just got sick of him for reasons mentioned above, I do think that is a great live album. I wonder if there is any video footage of that? A DVD release of the concert would be nice.

I particularly like the combination of Travelin' Man right into Beautiful Loser on that album. They always let both play on the radio back in Detroit. Did that happen in your neck of the woods or was that a "Motor City Thing"?

I was in Detroit when it was recorded...but I was just 10 or 11. What a great combo touring with KISS. They always loved to play Detroit.

lbad.jpg

I grew up in the Detroit suburbs, where I find myself residing once again after a 7 year-stint of living in Northern Nevada until 1978. I graduated from Allen Park High School in 1970. I remember going to what we called "sock hops" at the high school gym. We payed a quarter and took our shoes off to protect the wooden gym floor and danced in our stocking feet to various bands one Friday a month (during Winters) after school. In 1969, we payed our quarter, removed our shoes and danced to the music of "The Bobbie Seeger System"! -True story! Bob Seeger, Live for 25 cents! What a bargain!

I heard about the "throat stories" a few years back too. But, the real story is the one Seeger has been telling here on local televison for the last week or so: He waited until the age of 47 to have his kids. He simply dropped out of sight to become a husband and a dad. He's been writing songs the entire time, but decided to devote his focus to his new family. I don't think too many folks could argue with ideals such as those! Welcome back, Bob! You've been missed. [;)]

Love Bob Seger! His Live Bullet album from '76 is one of the best concert albums ever imho! Sadly, I never got to see him live. The Live Bullet album is one I would love to see done on DVD!

Mike

I particularly like the combination of Travelin' Man right into Beautiful Loser on that album. They always let both play on the radio back in Detroit. Did that happen in your neck of the woods or was that a "Motor City Thing"?

Yep... I was 17 when that album came out and the Northern Virginia radio stations played them the same way. Love Turn The Page off that album as well, even though it got played to death.

Mike

Mike

Is Nutbush City Limits on that set? I think it opened it.......Drew Abbot on guitar......Before he became a Big Star.....Loved him......Like a rock killed him........Saw him live during Like A Rock period......Hated the show, major disappointment, stopped listening to him, funny how that works.........Ramblin' Man....that's Bob Seger......