Homer Simpson Dies - OT

tigerwoodKhorns

I will echo that most all I watch are Discovery, TLC,

History (all versions) Military (all versions), some PBS, a little C-Span and the occasional Comedy Central.

The wife like

Spike for the re-re-re-reruns of Star Trek and all the iterations of that show,

and CSI again all iterations.

I used to like CSI at first but as I watched and they did things that were

impossible, like zooming in and in and in and in on a digital photo and refocusing

each time to be able to read a license plate in the reflection of someones

eye, well that turned me off to them entirely.

Sadly most americans now believe CSI to be real...... It drove a guest speaker (county prosecutor) in one of my college classes crazy...... Without the DNA test, the jury would not convict, even though 4 witnesses saw him and positively identified him and the defense had no objections other then a dna test was not done...... The prosecutor now has to in every case as simple or stupid as it is waste 500-2000 dollars doing dna tests for petty crime..... Oh btw most states or municipalities do not waste 500000 dollars like csi does for a john or jane doe.........

What's a TV[8-)]

Seriously, when my wife and I moved our family a few months ago we decided to stop paying what had become $57.00 a month for expande basic services to Comcast the sole cable provider in our city as 99.9% of programming was trash. They went from my initial service 5 years prior at $26.33 to double that in 5 years and nothing got better or in our opinion was worth it now we have a roof antenna and get 10 stations including AETN for which I spend most my time (when watching) and we are happy sticking it to Comcast since the Politicians of our state won't approve a competitor to Comcast they can just loose my money.

We now belong to NetFlix and if I'm going to be paying $20.00 a month at least we get just what we want[;)]

I generally head to the attic for tunes in the evenings instead of being drawn to the boob tube[:P]

What's a TV[8-)]

Seriously, when my wife and I moved our family a few months ago we decided to stop paying what had become $57.00 a month for expande basic services to Comcast the sole cable provider in our city as 99.9% of programming was trash. They went from my initial service 5 years prior at $26.33 to double that in 5 years and nothing got better or in our opinion was worth it now we have a roof antenna and get 10 stations including AETN for which I spend most my time (when watching) and we are happy sticking it to Comcast since the Politicians of our state won't approve a competitor to Comcast they can just loose my money.

We now belong to NetFlix and if I'm going to be paying $20.00 a month at least we get just what we want[;)]

I generally head to the attic for tunes in the evenings instead of being drawn to the boob tube[:P]

My wife took the bar shortly after we moved so we did not subscribe to cable to avoid a distraction while she studied. I wound up not subscribing for over a year until be needed high speed internet. Didn't miss it. Still mostly junk but a few shows on basic cable are good.

Here is the real problem. We can't watch TV together anyomore. Shows are too specialized. I don't enjoy watching fashion design shows and she does not like fabrication shows. Cable is causing us to be in separate rooms. I'm not too happy about this. Even if I am on the internet or workimg, I can't stand listening to some mindless 20 something bimbo ramble on about what they think ("reality shows" - help me)

What's a TV[8-)]

Seriously, when my wife and I moved our family a few months ago we decided to stop paying what had become $57.00 a month for expande basic services to Comcast the sole cable provider in our city as 99.9% of programming was trash. They went from my initial service 5 years prior at $26.33 to double that in 5 years and nothing got better or in our opinion was worth it. Now we have a roof antenna and get 10 stations including AETN for which I spend most my time (when watching) and we are happy sticking it to Comcast since the Politicians of our state won't approve a competitor to Comcast they can just loose my money.

Yup, time for Homer to go away just like all the other junk shows. I am seriously considering a rooftop antenna to go back to the basics.........

Last night was another case of a one dimensional show with few if any of their famous references to past entertainment. Too much time spent on the movie and ignoring the series perhaps? Wednesday a new episode of South Park will be shown, should be a marked difference in topicality, relevance, and satirical humor.

Here is the real problem. We can't watch TV together anyomore. Shows are too specialized. I don't enjoy watching fashion design shows and she does not like fabrication shows. Cable is causing us to be in separate rooms. I'm not too happy about this. ============== That's a darn interesting observation. I wonder how common that might be?? md

Same way in our house. My wife likes those fashion reality shows and I watch sports mostly. We do watch Lost together but that's about it. Good thing we have 4 TVs in the house for the 2 of us![:$]

I used to entirely eschew FM radio due to the commercials and non-stop-yacking DJ's who talked up until post time. Now I do tune into some local college stations for their depth of catalog in classical and jazz areas.

Same with TV, when I travel and get Cable- there's 103 channels of junk to choose from. Aside from the occasional old movie on AMC or other stations, they have nothing I want to watch.

Here with the old rabbit ears I get all the major networks and PBS. I put the news on when the weather looks threatening. That's it. I put a movie of my choice on when I want to be entertained.

• 1 month later...

In defense of The Simpsons, remember the writers of the show took the emphasis off Bart and focused on Homer, with great results.

Of course there is hope for the show: get new writers, or get new ideas.

If you're still into animation, check out the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

"Metalocalypse" forever!