My Manhattan apt. HT setup...

JesseNYC

Although the pictures aren't too great, I think you get the idea! It looks a bazillion times better in person! And the sights and sounds are awesome!

------------------

-JesseNYC

Home Theater Setup

Mitsubishi WT-46807

Denon AVR-1400

Technics SH-AC500D DTS/Dolby Digital Decoder

Mitsubishi DD-6000 Progressive Scan DVD

Fronts/Klipsch KG-4

Center/Klipsch SC-1

Surrounds/ Klipsch SB-1

Sub/ Klipsch KSW10

SA-2000HD Digital/HD Cable box

Sony Stereo VHS

Bell'o AV Table and Speaker Stands

Phillips TSU2000 Universal Remote

This message has been edited by JesseNYC on 11-19-2001 at 10:46 PM

i like it. i wish i had an aparment in manhattan... i am stuck in Houston Tx. Oh well. You did a very good job of hiding the speaker wires too. Nice TV, got enough cd's? actually, i just don't own but like 10 cds so i think it is amazing when others have like hundreds, i am just too cheap.. LoL!

nice apartment, nice setup, nice job. Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Justin,

I'm not pickin' on ya but I find it incredible that you have over two thousand posts and only about ten cd's.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Monster Power HTS-5000 Power Conditioner/Surge Protector

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

This message has been edited by tblasing on 11-20-2001 at 09:21 AM

nice set-up, I think the leather couch is essential and very classy, I limit myself to about 178 CDs, rotating out the ones that I do not use, what I can't believe is that somebody as young as Jason has nothing better to do than to spend so much time on a BBS that he has earned the "no life" appellation ...

------------------

Cornwalls & Klipsch subs; leather couch & feet up; lights out & tubes glowing!

This message has been edited by Colin on 11-20-2001 at 09:53 AM

looks good from up here in Albany NY! Nice job!

Colin you know as well as I do if we had the net when we were 15 and up we'd be nolifers as well! Smile.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - Going back soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Jesse - Looks great. I have a pair of KG4s, too, and I love them. Started out with them in my HT, but have since upgraded. I still use them in the living room, though.

Looking at the pix, it's hard to tell how far away your couch is. If you haven't tried it, you might benefit by angling the center channel down so that you are looking straight into the throat of the horn.

Also, I was curious. It looks like your rear speakers are at the side of the couch, pointed straight ahead. How does that work for creating the surround effects (non-localized)?

Doug

quote:

Originally posted by dougdrake2:

Looking at the pix, it's hard to tell how far away your couch is. If you haven't tried it, you might benefit by angling the center channel down so that you are looking straight into the throat of the horn.

Also, I was curious. It looks like your rear speakers are at the side of the couch, pointed straight ahead. How does that work for creating the surround effects (non-localized)?

Doug

My loveseat is 14 feet from the screen. I know it's a little too far for this screen size (46") but I would have gotten a beating from the Mrs. if I brought home a 55" or 65". I am trying to find a product for my center channel that would give me the effect you described. Got any ideas? Anyone? Smile.gif

The surrounds speakers sound great to me in this position. My wife suggested that I angle them more towards the seating position but I haven't tried it yet. I will soon. I just acquired the SB-1 and stands this weekend.

quote:

Originally posted by James D McCall:

hey jess, somebody bent yer cd rack!
cwm32.gif

Yeah, it happened after a wild party!

Thanks for the kudos everyone and have a Happy Turkey Day!

------------------

-JesseNYC

Home Theater Setup

Mitsubishi WT-46807

Denon AVR-1400

Fronts/Klipsch KG-4

Center/Klipsch SC-1

Surrounds/ Klipsch SB-1

Sub/ Klipsch KSW10

Sony Stereo VHS

This message has been edited by JesseNYC on 11-20-2001 at 02:18 PM

"I am trying to find a product for my center channel that would give me the effect you described. Got any ideas? Anyone? "

I think you are referring to something that will tilt the SC-1, right? Perhaps part of a tennis ball, cut appropriately to give you enough tilt, slid under the rear of the unit might do the trick? You may need to put something in front of it to keep it from sliding off the front of the TV, though. Maybe you could use 2-sided tape and put a small strip of cork in front of the speaker to act as a lip...

Your wife might be on to something on the rear speakers - maybe move them a little into the corners and angle them at the couch. Or, you might turn them 180 degrees when watching a movie so the sound will reflect off the rear walls/corners and be less localized. Experiment -- whatever sounds good to you is right.

Doug

Although I try not to bust the sound barrier too often, I live in a rock solid pre-war building. I barely hear my neighbors at all. If they do hear me, they're not complaining about it. Smile.gif

------------------

-JesseNYC

Home Theater Setup

Mitsubishi WT-46807

Denon AVR-1400

Fronts/Klipsch KG-4

Center/Klipsch SC-1

Surrounds/ Klipsch SB-1

Sub/ Klipsch KSW10

Sony Stereo VHS

JesseNYC, Nice set up. Question(s) - What make/model speaker stands are you using for your SB-1 speakers? They look like they're adjustable, if so how adjustable. I know this will sound dumb , but here goes - how are the speakers attached to the stands? I have a pair of Klipsch RB5 II speakers and I need to get stands. I like the looks of the ones you're using. Thanks for any input/info you can provide.

LEW

quote:

Originally posted by lovedrummin:

JesseNYC, Nice set up. Question(s) - What make/model speaker stands are you using for your SB-1 speakers? They look like they're adjustable, if so how adjustable. I know this will sound dumb , but here goes - how are the speakers attached to the stands? I have a pair of Klipsch RB5 II speakers and I need to get stands. I like the looks of the ones you're using. Thanks for any input/info you can provide.

LEW

Bell'O Speaker Stands SSP-11

ssp-11.gif

Cable Management System (CMS) for hiding power cords and interconnect cables; Adjustable rear surround sound speaker stand. Two (2) center screw holes and velcro strips for mounting speakers. Holds speakers up to 8 lbs.

Dimensions: 40 to 58 (h)

Adjustable 5-1/8 x 5-1/8 Top Plate

I am using the velcro to hold the speakers down. It's very sturdy! My speakers are only 9 lbs. This is 1 lb. over the recommended weight. Your speakers are 20+ lbs. You need a sturdier stand. Look at some of the other Bell'O stands.

spc300m.gif

sp-200.gif

------------------

-JesseNYC

Home Theater Setup

Mitsubishi WT-46807

Denon AVR-1400

Fronts/Klipsch KG-4

Center/Klipsch SC-1

Surrounds/ Klipsch SB-1

Sub/ Klipsch KSW10

Sony Stereo VHS

This message has been edited by JesseNYC on 11-22-2001 at 12:44 PM

You're indeed fortunate to have a pre-war apartment. I have a 1939 house that's built like a brick s...house and lived in an old apartment in Brooklyn years ago that was pretty soundproof but was also very cold. They sure don't make buildings like that anymore! Even better if it's rent controled or stabalized.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems