HT Front Shot

IndyKlipschFan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last weekend, we had a grand opening party.

So whats up under neath all of that?? Up under the skrim cloth is 3 split La Scalas..and 2 THX Ultra II subs.. up above left and right of the 106 " HT screen, are 2 additional TV's, so you can have three sports games on if you just have to. (TV picture shines through or you have to can remove the frames too.) In dark light it looks just great.

The grand opening went great, we probably had 50 or more people in and out.. And the COLTS won..

The stage is for singing, the curtains cover the screen up, it really works out well.

I will post more later.. Thanks again Michael.. It looks fantastic!

• Moderators

That looks great, love the colors, very neat .

The sound must be unbelievable , Can't wait to hear Lascalas with those subs.

The people that came to the party must have been shocked at the room and then the sound !

What did they have to say ? Just wondering because 95 % have never heard sound like that.

Can't wait to see more pic's, Of course I knew it would look and sound great , wouldn't expect Indy to do it halfast now did you.

Thank you all so much. I kept saying all along, "You need to just experiece it all," and that is true for anyone that does a "dedicated HT" room. I am sure it is not as sound sealed as Picky. RS 7's as surrounds with a complete Ref 7 system has to be amazing.

I have seen others use K horns too. OMG

I listend to a lot of you on this forum.. This room, in a way, is a experiement to all of your suggestions. None of the side walls and most of the ceiling is a room within a room and does not touch the outside or ceilings. 10 feet in the middle trey ceiling and 9 feet on the rest.. The room is a basic 17' x 30' shell.. But 17' x 24' - 25' ish real numbers internal volume feeling wise even though the speakers are back behind the cloth. The back walls go to a "\__I I__/" to the opening in the center behind you. (Where the 4 rear La Scalas and 4 Cornwalls are, too. btw THE REAR INSULATION REALLY HELPED THIS ROOM OUT TOO.) the room dimensions came from a listening room at Klipsch that just "felt about the right size" to me.

What I really shot for, is to see if Timbre does matter? 3 words... Yes it does. Everything all around you being the exact same speaker is amazing.

The room can get pretty dark when you want it that way. Even with some lights on with the all black up front wall and black ceiling and stage is also black, it remains dark, but you can easily turn up the lights and not lose anything on the screen. With the red curtains closed just in front of the screen section the look is great, like at a great club/ bar with a stage for Bands/Karaoke.

If you like the K horn sound in your head... nothing and I mean NOTHING will sound right unless you use K horns or go to the THX Ultra II subs right next to the La Scalas to give you that same feeling too. And maybe for HT, dare I say it.. You just might like this better too. LOL Anyone should be VERY happy with these subs in their system. Most all of you my friends in Indy that have come over at different stages, I know I have thanked you all countless times. But there are a lot of you, too, on here that also gave me ideas and supported the thought process as well.. . So I want to say it to anyone I forgot.. THANK YOU!!

I can't wait to see what the other pics looked like too. We had great food, wonderful house full of like 50 friends coming and going to share it with, and our home team NFL Colts won, too! It does not get much better than that! It looked, and sounded awesome!

Like George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life" which is my favorite movie of all time . I felt blessed like the line in the movie... No man is a failure.. who has friends!

Ok, here ya go Roger. This is the Entrance to the Chase Family Theatre. These curtains match those on the front wall. The ones in front are on tracks so they can cover the screen during down time or karoake sessions or be pulled round to the sides where they still add to the room visual ambience and provide some room treatment. Just inside to the left is the room lighting controller. Roger took time to make sure the room was perfectly quiet, perfectly dark when need be, but with a degree of architecturally interesting lighting, like the blue rope light in the tray ceiling and wall sconces and entrance lights.

post-10755-1381931119938_thumb.jpg

Here's da Man hisself. Very cool retro Mic. There is a whole rack of Mackie amps and mixer, Alesis miniverb unit for effects, and Karakoe system including hundreds of discs. When singing Karoke, the backing tracks are played back in stereo from CW's and the vocal comes out of a separate pair of CW's for the ultimate in clarity. There are also two Klipsch monitors that fit exactly into the two angled areas in the corners of the stage. Every detail was attended to.

Only one problem- Roger's voice is sooo good that he won't let anyone else sing! jk.

post-10755-1381931120035_thumb.jpg

OK, Michael you know me.. Hard to believe it, but I am at a loss for words. It just looks great to me.

FYI, The pics here were taken before the game started and food was being served upstairs.. Trust me, 20 min later it was really full!

I was a little worried when the game started and we had maybe 40 people in there all on the floor, but it worked out great! (We also had the game on in the bar area and upstairs too. Most people wore Colts Blue and White... wooo hoooooo And the Colts WON!

Again, these look great!

Thank YOU !!!!!

Hey, the rear shot looks great too. Hard to believe a 25" TV, 4 Cornwalls, and 4 La Scalas (2 on each side of the back entrance) fit back there.... and every place in between is insulated too. The thing is.. it is all hidden behind the black cloth skrims, but you can definitely "hear it" when it kicks in. (Think split La Scala bottoms with Cornwalls on those, and the La Scala tops on top of Milk Crates on top of the Cornwalls. This added speaker height as well.) The height and separation really helps here too.

That one shot from the stage, with the stage lights on if you still have it, was incredible.

Oh, and I did not sing at all last sunday.. LOL. I will save that for another time. hahahahaha But using 4 Cornwalls 1 pair for music and 1 pair just for vocals it is just amazing. Just a few more party lights to hang and were done.. So the Karaoke party will wait for sometime in the next few months. The thing is too.. No matter how good I am or any adult is really.. put my two little kids (Or any cute kid ) singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" playing the Ukalele's (Strumming faking it) , through the Mic is just priceless. They are 5 and 2 1/2.

No adult is gonna win that contest.. hahahaha Then again, it is not a contest really... it's just for fun! I think when I talked to Picky we both felt the same way when building his HT. It is hard to put into words this labor of love trying to create these rooms. It never was built show off, it is to share and enjoy. I think we hopefully will get YEARS of fun in this room too. Movies and singing too.

Thanks again Michael!

Here's a couple more. This is from the screen postion on stage- looking back towards the projector and the gorgerous seating. Looking out through the entrance curtains the ticket booth is to your left and directly out is the pool room with popcorn maker, smaller TV set and Stereo hooked up to H-BR's on shelves in the upper corners.

That tray ceiling is just outstanding. And I'm glad Roger painted the ceiling dark dark dark.

post-10755-1381931120136_thumb.jpg

Another shot with the rock and roll lights on. These are professional Par46 and Par38 cans with 300 and 200 watt lamps. I selected the gel colors to coordinate with the curtains and give a warm/cold theatre look to the performers. Nothing like having green or amber gels on you- yuch.

You can also see past the recliners the black wall scrim. On each side this angled bay contains one pair of LSI splits for surround and rear surround, AND one pair of CW's- one each for Karaoke and vocals. Incredible layout- Roger has posted the 'scrim off' photo in the Architectural section under 'insulation complete'.

post-10755-1381931120178_thumb.jpg

Very cool Mike.. THANK YOU!!! That's what I wanted to see and the Klipsch BB Forum to see... the stage view too. It looks great, thank you.

This reminds me of a LONG conversation I had with mOOn when he was done.. (well when he was done the first time... hahahahahaha) I said, "Now what will you do?" We went back n forth and you have so much mentally and physically in a project like this over several months, your just drained trying to get it all done. Then when you do get done your almost at a loss. I said,"You just have to enjoy it and share it." mOOn laughed.. We both knew that is what it was all about. And it is hard to do too.

But on Sunday, I did that as well. Thanks for being apart of it and capturing the magic Michael!

HOLY SMOKES, ROGER!!! That's is fantastic!

And Michael: You are certainly a master with the camera. Those shots look amazing! Nice work, man! I cannot believe what a terrific job you did on those shots with the harsh lighting conditions. I must learn your secret(s)!!

Roger: The whole place really comes together with the addition of the curtains and lighting. I'm sure it is well worth the wait for you Roger! Beautiful HT! Well done! I don't think you'll need to worry about isolation as compared to mine. Those curtains of yours more than likely make up for any internal wall treatments that I did to mine. And, you are right: We are on the same page: We did both of our theaters to share, rather than to brag. I certainly wish we had more time to talk together while we were in Hope. It's been my pleasure getting to know you. Hey, there's always next year! - Glenn

Picky, we will have time if the Klipsch pilgramage is in Indy. (And I am pretty sure it will be too.) And I hope to share it somehow with all that want to come and see and hear it too. Sat night after the dinner perhaps?

Trey said this gathering is getting bigger each year, it will be fun for sure to see many of you again. And my other half can enjoy it too. I am not sure how many people were at our party last weekend because we have 2 levels. At one point both were full, I am sure 60- 80 including kids we can handle. But 160 - 200+ people??? I might be in trouble.. hahahahaha I know not everyone will want to come over, but for those that do.. They can hear a Heritage / Ref system mixed in with good results... .. a full heritage HT and a Heritage bar area.. Might be fun. I am sure Colterphoto1 and I can come up with a outside system if necessary too? hehehe This might be fun!! shhhhhh

Thanks for the comments so far it has been fun. I watched Fast and Furious Tokyo movie last night... OMG, the lows were incredible. A great soundtrack to test your system. While the movie itself was a 7-8.. The "eye candy " was def a 10+ hahahaha