Gone Fishin

PhilMays

Well tomorrow my dad turns 70. We are surprising him by meeting he and my stepmother in Wilmington, NC. We are going to do a family beach fishing trip.

He get's there tonight and while they are at dinner, my sister is going to bring out their drink order...thats suprise #1.

Tomorrow after the kids get out of schhool we will head down and have arranged to meet at an ice cream parlor. They will be sitting there and my gang will walk in and order ice cream. He thinks we were all too busy to be with him....little does he know this has been months in the works!

I may buy him a surf rod and reel and let him show his grandkids "how it's done".

GONE FISHIN!

That sounds really, really cool. Great of you to put together such a wonderful surprise, I know it's a lot of work. I surprised my wife with an On The Air Live radio call to tell her we were going off to her folks in AZ for a weeks vacation the day after she got the call. I know it's a lot of secret plans and hopeful thinking that no one spills the beans. Glad it's working out for you, enjoy the time together, it's getting tougher to get a family all together at one time these days.

You done good. [:o]