So! what did you get at the yard sales today?

oldenough

Well maybe my search for a centre channel speaker is over, or maybe someone here has another to match this one to make a neat two channel rig. Gotta be a bargain for 50 cents. Seriously though it actually works, sure ain't Hi-Fi but should be an interesting conversation piece.

Funny you should ask. I never go to garage sales. I always want to but don't seem to make the time. For some reason I checked the local paper and and saw a garage sale add the peaked my interest. I bolted out of bed this morning and hit the jackpot.

I doubt any of you will care about this score, but it was a great one for me. In addition to wasting too much time/money on audio stuff. I am also a home brewer.

Kegs.JPG

Those are kegs converted to brew pots, 2 soda kegs used to dispense my liquid gold and a CO2 bottle for pushing the beer from the kegs. I also scored a ton of other brewing related items like a regulator, fittings, a frig temp. controller, hoses, books, a pump, etc.

Very happy with my score today.

BTW nice going on the speaker for less then a buck! Very interesting to say the least.

I found some Maggies on the local craigslist. He wanted $225, I got them for $175. Perfect shape. Original boxes and documentation. Year 1987. I love them. They have a dramatically different sound than my KSF's. It takes a while to get used to. They have a huge soundstage. The "tweeter" sections are currently on the inside making for a focused soundstage. Apparently, if you swap positions so the tweeter section is on the outside, the soundstage becomes even larger. These are going to be fun.

Now I just need a 200 watt 4 ohm amp and a good CD player...

post-21159-13819311541288_thumb.jpg

A pair of JBL L-100s in perfect shape and Marantz 2245 reciever for 275.00. The reciever works great but the tuner doesnt! I have always wanted L-100s along with Klipsch and anything Mcintosh they were in the "boy if I only had the money" category when I was in high school. Along with Klipsch they were my favs. So now I have a pair with no where to put them!

Josh

For $10 I got over 100 albums, jazz, Al Hirt, Herb Alpert, Ray Charles, Nat King Cole, many fromthe 40's I don't even know. The best one of the lot was a Best of Queen, my son went nuts. His high school band is playing songs from Queen in their halftime performance this year. The seller called me back with another 100 for the same price; I said why not

A pair of JBL L-100s in perfect shape and Marantz 2245 reciever for 275.00. The reciever works great but the tuner doesnt! I have always wanted L-100s along with Klipsch and anything Mcintosh they were in the "boy if I only had the money" category when I was in high school. Along with Klipsch they were my favs. So now I have a pair with no where to put them!

Josh

I've got a little room left over here...[;)][:P]

I've been fortunate to find 3 nice pieces at a couple of garage sales within the past 3 weeks (all within 1 mile of my home).

Sony STR 6055 receiver (condition 9.5 / 10)

Pioneer SX 650 receiver (condition 9.5 / 10)

Pioneer PL 117D turntable (condition 9 / 10)

All pieces were purchased from their original owners who obviously took care of them.

None of these were totl but considering I paid a total of $50.00 I think I did pretty good... unfortunately now that winter is almost here I'll have to wait 7 months before I can see if my luck continues... it's always a hit or miss at garage sales.

Wow bonder! Those units match suprisingly well for that reciever being of a different manufacturer than the pioneers almost looks like they are supposed to be together. They look to be in great shape as well. What a find for $50. I gotta start gettin' my butt to some garage sales. :)

I've been fortunate to find 3 nice pieces at a couple of garage sales within the past 3 weeks (all within 1 mile of my home).

Sony STR 6055 receiver (condition 9.5 / 10)

Pioneer SX 650 receiver (condition 9.5 / 10)

Pioneer PL 117D turntable (condition 9 / 10)

All pieces were purchased from their original owners who obviously took care of them.

Non of these were totl but considering I paid a total of $50.00 I think I did pretty good... unfortunately now that winter is almost here I'll have to wait 7 months before I can see if my luck continues... it's always a hit or miss at garage sales.

Sweet deals! Should get you through the winter months.

Larry