Open Thread

jacksonbart

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone keeping up with Sir Paul? Poor chap, seems being a beatle isn't what it's cracked up to be, when accused that your hits are more than just songs. It would seem the till debt to us part is inevitable, have to wonder though how stuff ever gets to this point..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006490385,00.html

Meanwhile on this side of the pond, the media spotlight is on Cruise and Holmes having set a date to launch

wedded bliss. I guess this goes to show celebrities do rule the Earth.

Just bought a 50" Sony Wega for daily TV viewing, the wife is happy.

That's wild.I did the same thing,except my wife don't like widescreen viewing.She likes our old Mits 4:3.

I had to buy a new set as the 4 year old tube RCA 32" croaked a week ago[:@]

Tube sets are quickly going the way of the DoDo bird and I figgured a rear PJ was the best bang for the buck as you could replace the bulb and get a "new" set rather than tossing the whole thing out. We run about 5,500 hours of use a year (12 to 15 hours a day whether or not anyone is watching it, it is there for noise as well as viewing.) About 8,000 hours to a bulb or 40,000 hours to a flat pannel set. In the end I will be paying about the same when you factor in the size of the screen and 10 years of life. However the RP will have a new bulb about every year and a half so the overall viewing pleasure will be higher as both the bulb and flat panel screens hours are rated to 1/2 brightness.

Just bought a 50" Sony Wega for daily TV viewing, the wife is happy.

That's wild.I did the same thing,except my wife don't like widescreen viewing.She likes our old Mits 4:3.

Same here..I think we have the 65" that she wants to repair, that or get a wall mounted plasma. I want the prices to come down a little more though.

Phil

WL = Weight Loss, they are going in and changing my pipes around to help me to get healthy again, I have about 200# I need to drop.

Without surgery, if someone is more than 100# overweight, there is only about a 2 to 5 % chance that you can take the weight off and keep it off long term with diet and working out. This is what keeps all the major WL companies rich (Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast etc....) With surgery, the result is that 60 to 70% of the people who have had surgery, are able to keep it off 10 years out.

In just under 2 hours I leave for the 24th Annual Invitational True Grits 50cc Fun Run held in that most scenic of towns in north Georgia - Suches. Three days of blasting around on twisty roads on my trusty H*nda NS50. In fact, here's a photo of me and my dear friend Randy. That's me on the right in case you couldn't tell.

Tom

post-4338-13819314057248_thumb.jpg