MY new K-Horns

Jobman

Here are some pics of my "new" 1977 Walnut K-Horns. I got them locally, and they are replacing my 1983 Cornwall 1's. I'm keeping the Heresy 1's for my rears. (Couldn't talk my better half into making the C/W's the rears!) I am having a Fisher 500C refurbished, and it should be ready in another week or so. That will be my main music amp.

The sound from the K-Horns is already in another league compared to the COrnwalls, and I really liked C/W's. But, on Sunday,to EBAY they go! (Along with a SX 1250, SX 1010, 9090DB, SX 980, and Magnepan SMGa's)

I still have some moving around to do, re-wiring components, and working on either making a False Wall for the left K-horn, or sealing it off. There is just not a lot of room for other setups in this dogleg shape room with cathedral ceilings.

Thanks for looking.

Mike in CA.

Wow! Very nice lookign set up. Those are awesome. cwm23.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

Very nice as is but it would be really first rate if you could keep one of the Cornwalls for a center channel (put the TV on top). If the cornwall is old enough, the magnets will not interfer with the picture and the internal components will be a perfect tonal match to your Khorns and Heresys. Be great for movies and perfect for SACD or DVDA multi-channel. You should at least try it out before you part with both Cornwalls. But either ways there's nothing much better for music than Khorns IMHO.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

JOBMAN,

Very nice setup. I know you are enjoying your new k-horns. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and i can't pull myself away from them. I've had heresys for the last 20 years...wow! what a difference. I have a Belle also but have not incorporated it into my system yet. for now i'm using my k-horns for music only.GOOD LUCK

BIGDNFAY

BDFNAY are those the recent black and white khorns that were on ebay? If so may I ask how they were shipped and what that cost you?

thanks

-Don

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

BigBusa,

All three pieces are factory white.I got 2 cornerhorns(1974 vintage) and a belle(1975 vintage) for $1300 (all pieces original..no mods). I drove to Charlotte,nc to pick them. I live in Fayetteville,nc so it wasn't a bad trip. 3 hours one way. they do sound very good. I replaced the networks with ALK networks that i built. was going to put them into a pair of k-horns i'm planning to build...couldn't wait. plan to start horns soon...i hope.

later,

Bigdnfay