possible free k-horn cabs, maybe

Guest " "

Anyone in the GRAND RAPIDS,MICHIGAN area intrested in a set of empty speakerlab-K k-horn cabs send me a PM.

I have my sights on a deal, but I am only intrested in the drivers.

Since folks will jump in and out, I'll put all names recieved on a list, when the start gun fires, I'll go down the list until I contact someone who still wants the cabs.

Time lines are 7 - 10 days.

You can send me you contact info up untill 6 Novemeber

PM and email have been sent. I'm hoping that the "6 october" was a typo. If not, I'll need to gas up the DeLorean.

I'm only interested in the bass bins. I could collect the Speakerlabs in G.R. and remove the drivers to send them to you, if you're not in the area.

I understand about the drivers. The SL woofer (W1508S) ain't too shabby, and the top end is most likely an EV T-35 or a T-350 if you're lucky (the SL "Super-K" model) along with the traditional Atlas mid. Crossover is your basic "horrible". Wonder about the mid horn - it was a metal casting with "Speakerlab" cast in large letters along the axis.

DM

The horn is identical to the k-400, weight and all, i have a few of both.

The xover is paper weight.

The drivers are pd5hv, the speakerlab folks like to put ferofluid in their pd5hv.

The woofer typically is square magnet.

The horn in this case is the t-350, black painted horn, I have an extra set of chrome horns for them.

Basiclly the seller will ship me the drivers. Rather than leaving the cabs for the seller to sell for a few hundred bucks, I figure I'd grab a forum partner that was close and could really use the cabs.

I need the drivers for unfunded promised projects.

Maybe if I deliver, all that is promised, somebody might be nice to me, and bake me a cake during the holidays.

Since a significant other may be monitoring...and there might be news to break...it might be better if the happy and excited forum member steps forward.

All I can say, is that the fourm member has a set of 511's, a set of 902's, and a set of 2404's ready to go into the cabs.

Jeesh, I'm even excited.

Maybe if I deliver, all that is promised, somebody might be nice to me, and bake me a cake during the holidays.

I just saw this... you however left out an important tidbit about SENDING you said cake...

I'm going to be making some goodies (pumpkin bars, coffee cakes...) and would be HAPPY to add you to the list, however, I'll intend on eating said goodies too.

[:D]

"What will be used for woofers? I have a pair of NIB Bob Crites CW1526 woofers that I would part with for $150.00."

I'm not sure what the specs are on the CW1526's. I know there are several versions of the k-33, and in my mind, the square magnet versions have a lower frequency response then the round magnet versions, making them more attractive for k-horn cabs.

Maybe Bob can chim in.

I better put a key word in the thread though " crossover ", there, that should do it.

Since a significant other may be monitoring...and there might be news to break...it might be better if the happy and excited forum member steps forward.

All I can say, is that the fourm member has a set of 511's, a set of 902's, and a set of 2404's ready to go into the cabs.

Jeesh, I'm even excited.

I'm the lucky forum member that will be picking up the cabinets. Thanks to a recent divorce, my significant others are my dog and cat. The ex never did understand audio compulsion, but that's another story.

DizRotus,

I'm interested in the woofers. And, we're practically neighbors. I'll send a PM.

If I put together a Speakerlab Khorn bass bin, Crites woofers, Altec mid horn and driver, and JBL tweeters; am I still allowed in the Klipsch forum? It's certainly Klipsch in spirit.

I understand about the drivers. The SL woofer (W1508S) ain't too shabby, and the top end is most likely an EV T-35 or a T-350 if you're lucky (the SL "Super-K" model) along with the traditional Atlas mid. Crossover is your basic "horrible". Wonder about the mid horn - it was a metal casting with "Speakerlab" cast in large letters along the axis.

DM

Dana,

More info on the T350 tweeters please. I have an extra pair of Speakerlab tweeters that is just collecting dust.

Chris

post-10861-1381931444912_thumb.jpg

tigerwoodKhorns

those are not t-350's or ht-350's as speakr lab calls them, they are what speaker lab calls ht-3500's, alias ev t-35 or k-77.

Attached are speakerlab HT-350's alias ev t-350 drivers. The t-350's have 16oz magnet's whereas the HT-3500's have 6oz magnets. The HT-350s have a frequency response above 21khz, whereas the ht-3500's only go to 16khz. They both use the same voice coil.

post-22082-1381931444972_thumb.jpg

"What will be used for woofers?  I have a pair of NIB Bob Crites CW1526 woofers that I would part with for $150.00."

I'm not sure what the specs are on the CW1526's.  I know there are several versions of the k-33, and in my mind, the square magnet versions have a lower frequency response  then the round magnet versions, making them more attractive for k-horn cabs.

Maybe Bob can chim in. 

I better put a key word in the thread though " crossover ", there, that should do it.

The CW1526 is almost identical in performance to the older square magnet K-33E. FS is 26 hz where the current K-33E is 34 hz.

Bob Crites

"The CW1526 is almost identical in performance to the older square magnet K-33E. FS is 26 hz where the current K-33E is 34 hz."

Thanks for the clarification Bob.

• 3 weeks later...