OT: Comcast switched to Time Warner

space_cowboy

Anyone get switched from Comcast to TimeWarner last weekend? I tried to post this last night and couldn't because the forums link kept timing out. In fact, any site I went to was painfully slow loading if it loaded at all. I'd had Comcast service for over 5 years and never experienced any slowdown no matter what time of day.

I don't fully understand how cable service is somehow "shared" between users, but maybe that's what was happening during prime time last night. Regardless, trying to surf my favorite sites was not enjoyable and not even possible in some cases. It's certainly not worth the price if slow downs are going to be that bad during peak usage. This morning at 6:00 am the service is what I am accustomed to.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone is experiencing similar symptoms after being switched to TW cable.

Here we finally have a choice. Verizon has installed fiber optic line all over town and now offer the same price as Charter cable for internet, phone, and television. Plus, the cable company still does not offer HD so if that does not change soon I might switch early next year, (and go get a HD monitor, the wife will love it).

Here we finally have a choice. Verizon has installed fiber optic line all over town and now offer the same price as Charter cable for internet, phone, and television. Plus, the cable company still does not offer HD so if that does not change soon I might switch early next year, (and go get a HD monitor, the wife will love it).

So will you.................Discovery HD , and PBS-HD are Great ........

That's too bad. A cable system that get's slow is definitely over subscribed. Your service ought to be screaming fast.

I've got DSL and would be pleased if I still had fast cable service, but it's not available in my county. I am thankful for DSL since I spent the last five years on dialup. Now that was purgatory.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 18 miles from downtown Little Rock (towards Sheridan) and can't get DSL or cable internet (Charter blows). After having Comcast HSI when I lived in LR, going back to dial-up was very, very painful. I finally ended up with Wildblue Sat internet which is good for downloads but surfing is still like dial-up with all the latency. Sometimes I can't even get the forums here to load.

I would give things time before you start blaiming the slowdown on peak shared usage...during the transition stage they were probably trying to maintain as much up-time as possible at the expense of speed until everything got calibrated and settled into place. Usually you gotta wait about 24 - 36 hours.

I would start worrying about a week after the transition if things are still noticeably slower.