Why do I do this to myself? (Forte II vs. RF-7)

wuzzzer

I would say just let your ears decide, but try not to make a quick decision. The Fortes were made in '89.

My Cornwalls were made in '79 and a lot of people prefer them over the RF series. Age has nothing to do with it. Just make sure the caps in the networks are up to snuff and you'll be fine.

I agree about your age comment. My speakers are even older than yours. He asked when these speakers were made based on the SN.

wow, nice score!

What does your wife think of all the craziness the last few months? You've been all over the place: reciever, room treatment, subwoofage, and now old fashioned hokey heritage speakers [;)]

I think it's really cool that during your listening test you got "distracted" and ended up just watching the entire movie. Enjoying the music and movies is what it's all about. [Y]

JACKSON....youv'e got it covered with what you own............NO CONTEST.....there is nothing that Charger can do except give people something to talk about, drowl, and relive the past...........Gee, I wish I had a car that is quick..................[;)]

Love the Dice.........................EH

Bill do I need to remind you that there is only one small block........350 c.i. stroked to 383 c.i.?????????

Yep... that's what I have under the hood in my car pictured in my avatar... 415hp and 417tq, and that's to the rear wheels. Not bad for a little ole 224/230 cam in her. [:D]

This one, however, is setup for the road courses and she is a mean little bugger. I run her at Sebring and have only been passed by a handful of cars there (Ferrari 355, modified Viper, and a few full-blown Porsche race cars), so she can handle her own. She's an absolute blast to drive!

Mike

Bill do I need to remind you that there is only one small block........350 c.i. stroked to 383 c.i.?????????

Yep... that's what I have under the hood in my car pictured in my avatar... 415hp and 417tq, and that's to the rear wheels. Not bad for a little ole 224/230 cam in her. [:D]

This one, however, is setup for the road courses and she is a mean little bugger. I run her at Sebring and have only been passed by a handful of cars there (Ferrari 355, modified Viper, and a few full-blown Porsche race cars), so she can handle her own. She's an absolute blast to drive!

Mike

Hope Fish doesn't get upset.................BOWTIES RULE..........I Love all cars trust me...I have even thought about a Rousch Mustang..........got to drive one last summer.....the Supercharger is flat out awesome.........Man, someday maybe I'll grow up..................NOT..

Are you pms-ing again chops?

Nope, I'm quite regular, thank you. LOL

Just sick and tired of people telling ME what I do or don't know, or what I do or don't have experence with. Like they know...

Anywho... [H]

sorry man, I think you did it to yourself on that post- I found the reply hilarious.

just breathe in and relax man. geesh..

M

Mike

Yeah, my next "power mod" for my little Miata will be dropping in a Blue Oval 302 with some nice heads and cam. Nothing over the top as this car barely weighs 2300lbs!!

DSC_0117.jpg

Are you pms-ing again chops?

Nope, I'm quite regular, thank you. LOL

Just sick and tired of people telling ME what I do or don't know, or what I do or don't have experence with. Like they know...

Anywho... [H]

sorry man, I think you did it to yourself on that post- I found the reply hilarious.

just breathe in and relax man. geesh..

M

Umm... ah, nevermind.

Chops,

I gotta get you and your brother to come over for another little get-together. I was thinking on putting something together (just the 2 of you and 2 other friends) before Christmas. Does that interest you? If so, what might be a good time for the two of you? After your visit here we can turn the tables and I'll come check out your rigs. I have 2 sisters that live in Tampa so would just crash over there afterwards.

Let me know if you 2 are interested and what day works for you.

Mike

PS. I apologize in advance for hijacking this thread, but I figured since it was already all over the place what the hell. [:D] But, to keep on topic if it were me I would opt for the Forte II's, but that's just me. I have heard the RF-7's (not in an optimal room) and have owned the Chorus and Chorus II's (but not the Forte II's). Please don't hate me, Fish. [:P]

If they say Klipsch on them, they're all good!

Chops,

I gotta get you and your brother to come over for another little get-together. I was thinking on putting something together (just the 2 of you and 2 other friends) before Christmas. Does that interest you? If so, what might be a good time for the two of you? After your visit here we can turn the tables and I'll come check out your rigs. I have 2 sisters that live in Tampa so would just crash over there afterwards.

Let me know if you 2 are interested and what day works for you.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the invite... again! LOL

Yeah, I'd still like to do that sometime as well. I'll have to get with my bro and see what and when we can do. I'll let you know as soon as the two of us get things figured out with work and such. [;)]

So...that's the way it's gonna be.Attack my speakers and my car,I'm glad I didn't put up a picture of my wife or grandaghter with my speakers,lol.It's all good and to each their own,if you have the set up/s you love that's all that matters.Life is very short,and there's no ti i i i ime for fussing and fighting my friends,rock on. RF-7'S RULE![:P]

So...that's the way it's gonna be.Attack my speakers and my car,I'm glad I didn't put up a picture of my wife or grandaghter with my speakers,lol.It's all good and to each their own,if you have the set up/s you love that's all that matters.Life is very short,and there's no ti i i i ime for fussing and fighting my friends,rock on. RF-7'S RULE![:P]

Fish what's up???I changed the subject because it is dumb to argue over speakers that you like................you have never chaged, you liked rf-7 6months ago, you like them now...you have never swayed.......I made a comment about how nice your Cuda is, and it progressed to engine talk.........I am NOT, and WILL NOT questioning what your choices are. I don't know what's up with you and Chops, frankly Brother I don't care, all I care about is what's up between you and me, and that should be NOTHING.......All cars are great................If I am out of line here, I'm SORRY..........GEE ......................

ob... if you can't read between the lines on his post he's just funning with everyone.

chops - yes, please let me know what works best for the 2 of you, with a backup date in case I'm tied up that day. Look forward to finally meeting you two!

Mike

I don't read it that way.............If I'm wrong....so be it....I don't want trouble.....If I did you'd know it....................EH...[;)].......Can you imagine a 302 in the Miata?????

ob... if you can't read between the lines on his post he's just funning with everyone.

Yes,all in good fun.Please don't take anything I type as too serious,it's not.I don't have a problem with anyone on the forum from my end,I think everyone has something to contribute,even ob(sorry ob,just kiddin')members like you are what make this forum fun,and a great place to visit.