Why do I do this to myself? (Forte II vs. RF-7)

wuzzzer

So...that's the way it's gonna be.Attack my speakers and my car,I'm glad I didn't put up a picture of my wife or grandaghter with my speakers,lol.It's all good and to each their own,if you have the set up/s you love that's all that matters.Life is very short,and there's no ti i i i ime for fussing and fighting my friends,rock on. RF-7'S RULE![:P]

Fish what's up???I changed the subject because it is dumb to argue over speakers that you like................you have never chaged, you liked rf-7 6months ago, you like them now...you have never swayed.......I made a comment about how nice your Cuda is, and it progressed to engine talk.........I am NOT, and WILL NOT questioning what your choices are. I don't know what's up with you and Chops, frankly Brother I don't care, all I care about is what's up between you and me, and that should be NOTHING.......All cars are great................If I am out of line here, I'm SORRY..........GEE ......................

OB,just wanted make sure you knew I was joking.I took no offense at all and meant none.You've complimented the Cuda before but even if you hated all Mopars that's still cool.Like I said,just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't serious.

Now back to the 7 bash fest(just joking,really,I'm serious,only kiddin).

chops - yes, please let me know what works best for the 2 of you, with a backup date in case I'm tied up that day. Look forward to finally meeting you two!

Mike

Will do sir! I look forward to it as well, and hearing some La Scala's. [:)]

Can you imagine a 302 in the Miata?????

Especially a mildly hopped-up one, yes I can!

In fact, there's a guy here in town with a 1st Gen Miata that has a 302 in it, but he's a snobby SOB, so I don't even bother trying to talk to the schmuck.

The link below is NOT the guy I was referring to.

http://justanothertoy.com/miata.htm

P1312723.JPG

About the same weight as my 911.......and I have evil thoughts of a 383 chevy stroker in the back of that Bad Boy...............a 350 c.i. is a common swap in the 911......NAH, she's quick enough.....well maybe a supercharger...I have lost my mind.....that's a nice swap in the Miati...............EH ???

chops - yes, please let me know what works best for the 2 of you, with a backup date in case I'm tied up that day. Look forward to finally meeting you two!

Mike

Well, these aren't your everyday La Scala's, as you know. I would imagine you will like them due to the 511B's you are now very familiar with.

I think you will like the VRD/BBX/Thorens combo... I know I do. [:P]

BTW, that 302 sure is packed in there! LOL

Mike

Mike

Can you imagine a 302 in the Miata?????

Especially a mildly hopped-up one, yes I can!

In fact, there's a guy here in town with a 1st Gen Miata that has a 302 in it, but he's a snobby SOB, so I don't even bother trying to talk to the schmuck.

The link below is NOT the guy I was referring to.

http://justanothertoy.com/miata.htm

P1312723.JPG

No doubt quick, I would think with the bigger engine directly over the front axle as opposed to behind it, you would get alot more front end plow, sure does not look that way in those pictures of the guy racing it though.

No doubt quick, I would think with the bigger engine directly over the front axle as opposed to behind it, you would get alot more front end plow, sure does not look that way in those pictures of the guy racing it though.

Dang!.... LOL

Seriously though, I thought the same thing, but apparently the Ford 5.0L motor only weighs about 70lbs more than the stock Miata 1.8L motor! I don't understand that, but that's what everyone says. All they have to do is beef up the suspension a little bit up front and they're ready to go.

And if I remember correctly, the 5.0L motor actually sits back about 2" further than the 1.8L, helping a little with weight transfer. [:o]

Dang!.... LOL

Seriously though, I thought the same thing, but apparently the Ford 5.0L motor only weighs about 70lbs more than the stock Miata 1.8L motor! I don't understand that, but that's what everyone says. All they have to do is beef up the suspension a little bit up front and they're ready to go.

And if I remember correctly, the 5.0L motor actually sits back about 2" further than the 1.8L, helping a little with weight transfer. [:o]

Dang! Sounds like a no brainer, assume the regular tranny can't handle all that new torque, so you can get a new 6 speed or a mustang 5 speed to boot. Does Ford make a 6 speed?

Dang!.... LOL

Dang! Sounds like a no brainer, assume the regular tranny can't handle all that new torque, so you can get a new 6 speed or a mustang 5 speed to boot. Does Ford make a 6 speed?

Yeah, I think the Cobra's, Saleen's and SVT's have or had 6-speeds. I'm not 100% sure though as I really haven't kept up with the latest and greatest from Ford.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind throwing a turbo or supercharger on the 1.8L, but you just can't beat the low end grunt and sound of a V8 rumbling under the hood. And to have one in a little-*** stock looking Miata is all the better! [6]

Oh yeah, and DANG! LOL [;)]

wow, nice score!

What does your wife think of all the craziness the last few months? You've been all over the place: reciever, room treatment, subwoofage, and now old fashioned hokey heritage speakers [;)]

I think it's really cool that during your listening test you got "distracted" and ended up just watching the entire movie. Enjoying the music and movies is what it's all about. [Y]

She's alright with it for the most part. Sometimes she complains, then I come home from work unexpectedly and I can hear music outside with all the windows closed! I think sometimes she listens to them louder than I do!

I was surprised that we watched Ep III in its entirety, too. Prior to that I had put in CDs and listened to a few tracks on each one and then put in some music concert DVDs and listened to a few tracks on each one of them too.

As of tomorrow since my friend will be storing his KLF30s at my house, I'll have almost 600 pounds of speakers in my basement! [:o]