Happy Birthday Michael

colterphoto1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO CONTEST

Hooked up one of the FII's today to compare to the Dahlquist M904's I'd been using. Switched off the iMac's eq, which I'd been using pretty heavily to tailor the D's sound to my liking.

First off- what an efficiency mismatch. I think the D's are like 88 and FII is what like 94 (have to look them up). Deeper bass and clearer mids with the FII's. Also those crystaline highs like I've never heard with any of my K77 tweeters! wtf??? I'd been pushing my HK730 at like half volume (because the iMac output is so low), might have to put a preamp between the two, since the FII's are sooo sensitive, any noise from the HK is going to be compounded also.

And, yes, they sound great at low volumes too- just hard to get them there because Forte's WANT TO ROCK! Got Yes- Siberian Khatrau on now (one of my fave songs of all time)- very intense! [:D]

So these babies are definitely staying. Secondary bonus- I get two milk crates back that I'd been using as stands. Going over to Trey's in a bit to pick up some LP's woohoo..

Michael

Happy birthday Michael, [^] and congrats on the forte IIs. OO no less, exactly what you were looking for.

I want to hear honest to goodness thoughts once you have had time to listen to them a bit in the same environment as the cornwalls. I know you are biased toward cornwalls, but I predict in a year that if you could only have on pair either FII or C you would pick the FIIs.

So when can I pick up the LSIs?

BTW, my b-day was Monday, the 6th. Us Scorpios have to stick together.

• Moderators

Thanks guys, and as a Scorpio I can say stubbornly that the LSI are NEVER for sale.

The FII's are intended for a differerent room, but I will give them a side by side comparison with the LS and CW's- probably when Doc gets his butt down here.

Michael

I heard those LSI and I almost didn't send them to you...I happen to appreciate the " ugly black boxes" .[;)]

Seriously, Michael I hope you have the best birthday ever. I can't think of anyone more deserving.

The Forte II's are excellent a low listening levels. I love everything about the Forte II's. Thank you for giving dtel and I the chance to say that.

I am so happy you finally got your Forte II's and oak-oiled at that.

I also will be awaiting your comparison on the Forte II's, the LSI and the Cornwall's. I think the Forte II's will continue to impress you. IMO, each of these speakers Forte II's, LSI, Cornwalls, Khorns, etc. have a unique quality that sets them apart from the other and I think the Forte II's are just what the doctored ordered for you home office.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!FROM ALL THE DTELS

MAW-MAW, ELDEN, CHRISTY, JAMIE, JOHNNY, ALICIA, JOEY, JONI AND BUDDY. BTW, that is just the dtels living here. All the others said to send Birthday Wishes to you.

I am beginning to believe, they are a set, buy them all.

The speakers or the Dtels? [A]

Btw, Mike...I just realized I have an entire week off for Thanksgiving Break. And aren't weekdays better for you anyway? Maybe I can swing by early in the week or something - and I believe you still owe me a return phone call from the other night [;)]

yeah, what can I say, the phone was ringing like crazy last night.

Any time is fine for a visit Mike, matter of fact I don't have any plans Thanksgiving day or that weekend either, so anytime that week would be fine.

Bring those KG4's that you totally failed to sell on campus (what, are the students POOR or something?), your test equipment and CELLDWELLER!

Michael

lol no worries - I wouldn't have been able to talk anyway [:D] Life is

freaken crazy on campus and nobody seems to have the cash for a pair of

speakers....but plenty of people will drop $250 on a subwoofer they

never heard before... [:o] I haven't been too active on ebay because

the going for prices have been sucky (as is always the case in summer)

- but now that it's been getting colder things should go for more.

I should have two subs in my car by then as well...just the one now is

enough to get the roof flexing, but I want lower distortion roof

flexage *shifty eyes* - actually, the pair of subs will be going in my

HT, but I've already got 3 there and need to find the space, so they'll

be in the car for a bit [;)]. I'd kinda like to put them up against

your Ultra2's actually...they're a bit bigger and won't go as loud, but

I'll bet they blow your hair just the same [;)] And I've got some more

music that is far crazier than celldweller... [:o]

As far as measuring...I hope you realize that I need to drag my

computer along with me too. [6] I really need to get my hands on a

laptop with a full-duplex sound card... [6] Maybe we can use one of

your monitors and daisy chain mic cables around the house? Everything

is installed on- and calibrated for my computer at the moment and I

haven't had enough time with the software to figure out how to use it

elsewhere.

• Moderators

The speakers or the Dtels? [A]

Btw, Mike...I just realized I have an entire week off for Thanksgiving Break. And aren't weekdays better for you anyway? Maybe I can swing by early in the week or something - and I believe you still owe me a return phone call from the other night [;)]

The speakers....

NO CONTEST

. Deeper bass and clearer mids with the FII's. Also those crystaline highs like I've never heard .

And, yes, they sound great at low volumes too- just hard to get them there because Forte's WANT TO ROCK!

Aaaah .....

i been telling you guy's for 2 years .....

FORTE ... " the little Klipschorn ".