Happy Birthday Michael

colterphoto1

Just got a bouquet of balloons and chocolate candy Kiss from the Dtels! Thank you very much.

It couldn't have happened at a better time. I was just on the phone chewing out my attorney's secretary over the stupid tax situation I was in, the other phone rang with another problem, then the doorbell rang. Before I separated the young delivery ladies head from her torso, she brandished this balloon bouquet at me and said a cheery 'happy birthday'- way to ruin a perfectly good grouchy mood!

Thanks again for all the good wishes for the day!

Michael

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your Forte IIs are Oiled Oak also? At first I thought they looked too dark, but the color is really growing on me. I like them much, much better than the light oak KLF30s that my best friend just bought. (The color that is, the KLF30s certainly blow the Fortes out of the water as far as sensitivity, but there's something about the Fortes that edges out the KLFs just a wee bit.)

I think it has to do with design and build quality.

I have a pair of Forte II's that have been urethaned and maybe are stained a little darker if anyone ever wants to swap for original oiled oak.

now if we could just find me a gf, ok how abot somebody for the night?

Ok, we got Roy's ribs & ice cream sent to him... we got your girls sent to you. Are you going to let us know how it went?

They DID show up, didn't they? [:P]

I had them sent to your address on Michigan Avenue... oh wait... seems they went to the Holiday Inn on Michigan.

WOW, what do you know, I was staying at the Holiday Inn on Michigan...

Never mind, forget this comment was ever made [:#] [:#]

Maybe next year, or when we all come up to Indy?!!

Happy Birthday.

[<:o)]

• Moderators

Happy Birthday to ME!

Michael

Michael I am still working on this one for you. [;)]

BTW, I am glad the balloons arrived at the right time. We were hoping the balloons would let you know how much you are thought of.

Do you have anything new to report on your house?

Thanks Dtels!

Nothing really ground-shaking on the house. Apparently we can't force the guy with .6 acres and barn to sell. But I can continually get him written up by zoning inspectors to the point where he will want to sell. So even though that lot is illegal, I have to be a constant thorn in everyone's side to get things changed.

Still no title to my place. Property taxes won't be paid again this time around. They will be in arrears as of Monday.

This whole thing just sickens me. And I'm supposed to go to my Aunts on Tuesday night for early Tgiving. My cousin the realtor will be there. I really don't want to even see his face.

Ok, we got Roy's ribs & ice cream sent to him... we got your girls sent to you. Are you going to let us know how it went?

They DID show up, didn't they? [:P]

I had them sent to your address on Michigan Avenue... oh wait... seems they went to the Holiday Inn on Michigan.

WOW, what do you know, I was staying at the Holiday Inn on Michigan...

Never mind, forget this comment was ever made [:#] [:#]

Maybe next year, or when we all come up to Indy?!!

Happy Birthday.

[<:o)]

nope, no girls. spent the evening alone. used to it by now.

• Moderators

Hey Michael, have you spoken to another attorney? I just can't believe there isn't something that can be done. Whatever happened with the title insurance company?

BTW, we missed you this weekend around here, are you okay?

Another thing, don't lose faith, because you never know what God has planned. Through our faith we can see miracles.

Just got the second Forte II set up in my home office. Here's the layout- 14x14 room, totally panelled in real 3/4" Mahogany! Yup, the real thing- remember this house was an executive estate in 1955.

Desk is in center of room with one window in front and one beside. I'm looking right at two Forte II's, each in the opposite corner of the room, When I swivel around to use the PC, the credenza is on the back wall, so speakers are just reversed channels, same speaker-to-ear distance. Source is iMac, high rate MP3's or CD pure files- using HK 730 receiver for power.

First, there are great height- looking over the desk I can see the mid and hi horn perfectly on both speakers. My old Dahlquist's had to sit up on milk crates. They are small footprints and take up virtually no more room than old speakers. Positioning them in the corners, about 3" out on each side seems to be about right. I might adjust in time.

I'm listening to some remastered Stones right now and can hear backup vocals and grittiness on the Mellotron that I"ve never heard before. Even at low volumes, these dig deep and remain crystal clear up top. I especially love the Tractrix mid horns, which seem so open and not 'honky' or metallic like the CW's get sometimes. Townsend's Give Blood with Gilmour on chunky guitar is playing now. The bass just rocks with these speakers and I cannot believe the vocal clarity. Great voicing for the layered guitars also.

More to follow.

Michael