what a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! single klipschorn for only...........................................................

funkyhambone

He sold the Valencias last year, Duke.

The KHorn has evidently INCREASED in value by $1500 in the two years he has advertised it for sale. I think he is related to a nearby neighbor that has a Jag Mk IX sedan for $15,000. Its rarity is increased by the fact you can be IN the trunk standing ON the ground.[8-|]

Interesting post. Thanks for the link.

This guy seems to sell alot of audio gear. I wonder if this is something he has on consignment. Maybe he just doesn't know the market. The Klipsch museum in Hope has one of these.

BTW, the seller has a high end (I suppose) CD transport and DAC listed for about $3800. Is that priced about right?

Here is an example of his pricing theory - $200 for a pair of Flamenco(not Flamingo) grille faces from the Altecs also in that KHorn photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ALTEC-FLAMINGO-VOICE-OF-THE-THEATER-DECORATIVE-GRILLS_W0QQitemZ130044770610QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3276QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While they would not be overpriced for a well heeled collector, like the KHorn, there is some good price gouging going on for the average consumer/collector. I won't get worked up about the rampant free market pricing, but the two people selling product at top dollar who frequent the forum(BarrynSue and Goldbug) also deliver superior, superior museum pieces.

It seems with half his stuff, the Chicago guy doesn't clean it up, nor does he know what he has or the history behind it. As far as the difference between a well heeled collector vs. a frugal collector, the last set of Altec Flamencos I picked up was a two hour drive and $100 out of pocket. I'd offer $50 for these faces, and $400 to $600 for the KHorn.

I think he is hoping to find a Japanese collector to bail him out.

Here is an example of his pricing theory - $200 for a pair of Flamenco(not Flamingo) grille faces from the Altecs also in that KHorn photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ALTEC-FLAMINGO-VOICE-OF-THE-THEATER-DECORATIVE-GRILLS_W0QQitemZ130044770610QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3276QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While they would not be overpriced for a well heeled collector, like the KHorn, there is some good price gouging going on for the average consumer/collector. I won't get worked up about the rampant free market pricing, but the two people selling product at top dollar who frequent the forum(BarrynSue and Goldbug) also deliver superior, superior museum pieces.

It seems with half his stuff, the Chicago guy doesn't clean it up, nor does he know what he has or the history behind it. As far as the difference between a well heeled collector vs. a frugal collector, the last set of Altec Flamencos I picked up was a two hour drive and $100 out of pocket. I'd offer $50 for these faces, and $400 to $600 for the KHorn.

I think he is hoping to find a Japanese collector to bail him out.

Aaaaagh!

One bill for Flamenco's. [:'(]

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDIOPHILE-STEREO-AMP-BRYSTON-3B-ST-3BST-MINT-ORG-BOX_W0QQitemZ130044780303QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is his ad on EPay for a Bryston 3B-ST. I also have one, and it dropped a channel about two years ago. Sent it up to Bryston, new transformer and all repairs done superbly, and still around 11 years left on its warranty.

I'd price mine out at HALF what this guy is asking, original box as well, plus shipping. Not that I want to sell mine, but I would to prevent someone from foolishly getting extorted who frequents the forum.