Where's Parrot been hiding?

Mike Lindsey

There are times in every man's life when it becomes clear that life is too short to be confined to a chair in front of a keyboard simply for the amusement of others in the course of spouting opinions. When such a moment occurs this same man has to figure out just what else might occupy his time in the meantime whilst he has his flings with other portions of reality, perhaps including actually pursuing his avocation or even his vocation as the case may be. This could be the circumstance that the one we know as Parrot has come to realize. And of course if this is not the case then we all must give the one we know as Parrot a mighty salute whose nature can be imagined not only by the saluter, but also by the salutee, as long as imaginings are within our collective capabilities.

Very well said, Oldtimer. There are forums where people have 40,000 post counts. Some posters here will eventually reach that point. I think there'll be a realization on their deathbeds that maybe they shouldn't have used the equivalent of a year or two of their lives on a forum. Some people have realized it long before dying, like Painful Reality said about himself and the infamous Mobile "I'd rather be sailing" Homeless.

I mean it's not so bad when I post a lot, because I always have something to say that's worth reading, but . . .

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic