No highs, no lows, must be BO$E

tommyboy

So, I'm looking at the new Home Theater buyers guide, and I noticed something quite peculiar. ALL the speaker company's give full specs (configuration, nominal impedance, sensitivity, frequency responce, tweeter type, # and size of midrange, # and size of woofers, midrange type, woofer type, magnetic shielding, dimensions, weight, and cost.)

Bo$e only gives: # of tweeters, # of midrange, and # of woofers. Oh and dimensions and cost. That's it. Tha's 5 out of 14 listed specs. Now if I was to ever buy bose, which I never will, as a consumer, I would be conserned that bose doesn't give any of their specs. And ALL other speaker company's do. How could you properly match the frequency responce of your speakers with a good receiver, if you dont know what it is? Oh........ maybe thats why bo$e makes their own "receiver thingies" that come with those acousti *** systems. Why do people still buy these............ wastes of wood?

B.O.S.E= Buy Other Stereo Equipment

You are buying their patents and name..........throw a little DSP in the mix and up the price![Y]

I like the 3-2-1 system, but about 2x overpriced IMO. Yes, I do regret WASTING that much money on this unit, and the worst part is I cannot play MP3's or DVD re-writes. SUX!

Works well for the Big Screen, but that's about it!

There have been some independent frequency response test conducted and posted. They were pretty bad as I recall. Huge dips and peaks in response.

In my mind the worst problem is the very high crossover point between the woofer and cubes. Sound localization is better when the 5 channels are more full range (at least down to 80 Hz or so). I think Bose systems are usually around 200 HZ xover.

M

Stop hitting on poor Bose.These chaps design great gear for yuppies and would be know it all people with more money than audio knowledge.

Bose uses plenty of plastics and a good dose of paper thin MDF,rounds all this with "fine textured black" or "deluxe pseudo wood" and voila.

Some people have no taste,and may not know better.You know a Bose sounds better than a Candle boombox from the 90's or a fantastic Yorx mini system. [A]

Ah Yorx the memories,I wanted one when in third grade! The one at $399 with a double casette deck.

..."You know a Bose sounds better than a Candle boombox from the 90's or a fantastic Yorx mini system. [A] Ah Yorx the memories,I wanted one when in third grade! The one at $399 with a double casette deck."

I remember in the mid '80s my kid bro had a Yorx dual cassette player with 3-band graphic equalizer...the top player was also a portable Walkman-type player that snapped out of the boombox. Even its speaker enclosures snapped off the unit for wider stereo dispersion. And each speaker enclosure had two 4" cones...top and middle!

Still sounded like $#!%, but it looked cool...

BOSE is King with the plug and Play Average Joe Consumer that is looking for good sound, without any work or thought, you pay a good price for not knowing anyrthing about stereo's, and receive decent sound.....................BOSE is not for Forum guys, audiophiles, serious collectors, hobbyist in general................they are built for workin' Average Joe Consumer to watch movies on week-ends, and for that purpose they do their job...............