Heresy Prices!

mdbrien

MDB; how soon do you have to have a pair? Can you wait for a month or so? I'm almost finished with a couple of pairs of H-I's that I have restored. I'll may sell one pair of those, or an otherwise nice pair of H-II's with rosewood stain (I need to replace a cosmetically challenged K-24 woofer where there is a 1" long "scratch" from my stupidity), for only the cost of what I have put into them, and probably could get them to you for under $400 with the shipping.

Send me a normal email and I'll describe them, work done, take a picture, etc.

ocsosheriff1@okeechobee.com

$400. for a nice pair would be fair...............never know what you'll find out there........Pick them up yourself...don't ship......Nice speakers the Heresy line...............

OB's right about not shipping; While the owner of the UPS store here is a long time personal friend, has always done an outstanding job for me to this point (and we insure everything), once something leaves his store, he has no control.... If you are interested, I will be leaving here (south Florida) for LR Arkansas on 27 December and can always take the I-10 route... Otherwise it's about a 16-18 hour trip from NOLA.

• Moderators

$400. for a nice pair would be fair...............never know what you'll find out there........Pick them up yourself...don't ship......Nice speakers the Heresy line...............

OB's right about not shipping; While the owner of the UPS store here is a long time personal friend, has always done an outstanding job for me to this point (and we insure everything), once something leaves his store, he has no control.... If you are interested, I will be leaving here (south Florida) for LR Arkansas on 27 December and can always take the I-10 route... Otherwise it's about a 16-18 hour trip from NOLA.

MD, it's about 8 1/2 hours to Little Rock from Picayune, MS. We made the trip twice this year. Once to Hope, AR for the Pilgramage and to Hope again to pick up the Cornwall III's we won at the Pilgramage. We went onto to Little Rock for one night from Hope, so 8 1/2 hours is about right. It is a nice trip and can be easily made in two days.

The factory is in Hope, AR which right off I-30 on the way to Little Rock.

The Crater of Diamonds State Park is on the way. Who knows maybe you would get lucky and find a big diamond on your trip.

Crystal Springs is really beautiful also, maybe you can spend the night there.

Or check with some other forum members, maybe someone from AR will be heading this way around the same time.

BTW, I have heard the Grooms Lake Area is unbelievable.

MD, it's about 8 1/2 hours to Little Rock from Picayune, MS. We made the trip twice this year. Once to Hope, AR for the Pilgramage and to Hope again to pick up the Cornwall III's we won at the Pilgramage. We went onto to Little Rock for one night from Hope, so 8 1/2 hours is about right. It is a nice trip and can be easily made in two days.

The Crater of Diamonds State Park is on the way. Who knows maybe you would get lucky and find a big diamond on your trip.

Or check with some other forum members, maybe someone from AR will be heading this way around the same time.

We can always take I-10 and detour through MS, and if MD is interested, leave them with Dtel? 26/27th is for family reasons, carved in stone, and 18 hours from NOLA to Okeechobee is not worth it; fuel alone would cost MD almost what it would cost for the speakers. It'd be about 1800-1900 mile round trip.

Dtel's wife: I hope the "unbelieveable" part of what you've heard about Lake Okeechobee is good! Great bass fishing and only 30 miles from the beaches off Fort Pierce!

• Moderators

We can always take I-10 and detour through MS, and if MD is interested, leave them with Dtel? 26/27th is for family reasons, carved in stone, and 18 hours from NOLA to Okeechobee is not worth it; fuel alone would cost MD almost what it would cost for the speakers. It'd be about 1800-1900 mile round trip.

Dtel's wife: I hope the "unbelieveable" part of what you've heard about Lake Okeechobee is good! Great bass fishing and only 30 miles from the beaches off Fort Pierce!

I guess this post really shows how stressed I am about our triple wedding plans for December 9.

Okay, I was thinking Greer's Ferry Lake in Arkansas. Sorry about that one.

However, I have head a lot of good things about Lake Okeechobee. Mainly about the fishing. A good friend of ours from N. Louisiana used to go fishing there a couple of times a year and he loved it.

As far as the Heresys go, we will be happy to hold them or meet MD somewhere to drop them off. If he wants them all he has to do is let us know.

I guess we'll see what MD's decision will be; in any event, Forum members who like to go for bass (or speckled perch) are welcome to visit any time! We have enough space at the "horse farm" for several travel trailers, and a very secure place to park the boat trailers right next to the ramps across from my office (See profile bio info). Lake Okeechobee's fishing is dramatically improving since the Corps of Engineers and the State of Florida finally decided to leave the Lake at it's natural height/ depth (good for fish) instead of using it as a giant reservoir (bad for fish) for Fort Lauderdale/ Miami..... Also, during the hurricane season, the unnatural high levels were extremely dangerous for potential flooding and dike failure from storm surges.

[

I bet that second trip went a LOT faster! FREE CWIII's - very very cool!

M

• Moderators

Groomlakearea51,

I sent you an e-mail!

Thank you Christy, dtel's wife for having me check this thread. I'll keep ya'll posted!

You are most welcome MD. Just a hint, when you sign onto the forum, check to right of the screen, it will give you a list of your posts, the most active posts and the unanswered posts. That will help you keep up with your "conversations".

If you guys want to all meet up here that's fine with us. We can fix lunch or dinner for everyone. Happy Holidays!