Dumped the Sony

Jim Cornell

I dumped the sony, but still have it! Im not to sure how long it will keep working!!

I bought the Harman Kardon AVR 120 to replace it!

I can turn this unit up all the way, no problem, itll keep me out of trouble!

For a very low wattage, this reciever really sounds great, with the cornwalls, i told my wife, we dont need 100 per channel, she says its the same loudness at 40 watts per channel!

Well at least it matches my Cd player, and its brand new with warranty!

Anyone else have expierence with harman kardon, all the reviews looked good!

Regards Jim

Harman Kardon AVR 120

Klipsch Cornwalls 1 front

Klipsch Cornwalls 1 rear

Klipsch academy center

Apex DVD

Harman Kardon CD player

Pyramid sub 2 channel amp bridged

Optimus VCR

Dish network

HK amps are all high current - their watts are usually better quality watts than a lot of others. And besides, I don't think any of us with Klipsch speakers ever get past a few watts during listening. Even peaks with Klipsch speakers are probably in the 30W range.

I have always heard HK had a great sound, but when I was buying, I didn't like the look and feel of their receivers. There were also lots of problems with the volume control. If you turned it too fast, it would turn the volume up instead of down and vice versa. Their new stuff may fix this, though.

Enjoy!

Bryan

Glad to see Harman Kardon owners!

This doesnt have a lot of power, but it sure is solid, with the power it has!

Plenty, with children, no more ear buzzing sounds!

This unit looks like a cadillac, I love the look, and it also matches my Harman Kardon Cd player, that has been flawless for 5 years, it was cleaned out once, and skipped once, the whole time!

Well, now ill get a Harman, DVD, and thats about it, then ill have 3 that match!

And ill never have to worry about to much power into my cornwalls!

Only thing is, i caint hook anymore up, this house is big enough for 5.1, thats about it!

Im looking to get the K-horns, make them front, cornwall rear, academy center!

Will see, Regards Jim

My hk avr510 has been gone for about a week now. It crapped out on me and I had to send it back. Admittedly, it was a refurbished unit so for those of you who bought new your hk products hopefully will last more than the couple hours mine did. There's a big hole in my HT rack where it once sat. There's also not music or movie viewing going on here.

No more hk for me. I'm looking at yamahas and will be getting the htr5460 as soon as ubid credits my card!

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

Jim,

Congrats on getting the Harman Kardon receiver. It has some nice features too. Have you tried the 5 channel music mode or the DTS and DD movie formats? I know that H/K, Onkyo and NAD are famous for producing low watt receivers with high current amps. Amps that generate clean steady high current produce great sound.

btw - best wishes to you and the wife on your future addition to the family. Now that is the best upgrade you'll ever get!!

later,

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Thank you Wes,

Im going to make house changes, in March, for the new arrival!

This Harman Kardon sure is nice, its time to give up the 100 watts per channel stuff, especially with very young children!

Im also getting the K-horns, time is getting close, untill im done for a while!

Ill prabably sell a set of cornwalls to my best freind when i get the K-horns!

At low power ill be OK!

The Sony still works well, theres just to much excessive noise, and at times the speakers dont turn on, i figured time to replace it!

How is your tube system going?

Where, and what are you going to do with the belles! LOL.

Yea i saw that LOL!

Regards Jim