Pure madness Anybody in for a little challenge?

TheEAR

By the end of this year I will have 30 subs at home! Yes THIRTY subwoofers. [:(]

How is that for overdoing it? Next year no less than four to five subs will be added.

Including the SVS PB2-Ultra,the micro SVS sub,HSU's VTF-3 HO/Turbo,JL Audio Gotham,TC SOunds surprise sub(supersub)and Seaton's SubMersive.

I tell y a something gonna give,and it is the floor. [:o]

All this for listening around 80-95dB [:D] talk about headroom

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur,

I don't know how to put this delicately, but you're in need of some psychotherapy [:P]

Seriously, I think your passion for the lower-end registers is admirable. I always say to folks, if you're going to do something, you might as well do it right. Even though you can't spell worth a hill of beans, you know sub-woofing.

My only suggestion would be to let that floor finally give way by putting a Danley DTS-20 in there. You might just be inclined to remove half that pile. If you lived by Pareto principles, you could keep your inventory to a manageable level and improve cash flow [;)]

Chris

Colter,

Not to worry about phase cancelation,I use groups of 3-4 all from the same make or close in freq.response.All calibrated to work as a team not fight eachother,cancelation is not an issue. [:P]

Its like your Heritage,you do not own them to make them all work at once...or do you [:P]

I'm in guys..... BTW theear didn't you say you would also get an everest, a b4 and the svs pb2 ultra like 5 years ago?

BTW theear I think I will build my master reference subwoofer. Think 16 cubic feet, 4-6 18 inch pr from tcsounds and two lms 5400. Think flat from 16-80 hertz @130 db 1/2 space. Think 600 pounds plus. Think two crown xti4000 maybe 4 for each voice coil later.

I have an acquaintance who has 38 TV sets, some color, some black and white, some with remotes, some that work some that don't. He also has 4 junk cars and car parts stewn on his yard. On Saturdays he goes outside in his bacon striped tighty whites and pounds his fists against his bare chest and anounces his collection to the neighbors. Can you beat that?

I have an acquaintance who has 38 TV sets, some color, some black and white, some with remotes, some that work some that don't. He also has 4 junk cars and car parts stewn on his yard. On Saturdays he goes outside in his bacon striped tighty whites and pounds his fists against his bare chest and anounces his collection to the neighbors. Can you beat that?

LOL

I do not compete with dumpsters. [:P]

I'm in guys..... BTW theear didn't you say
you would also get an everest, a b4 and the svs pb2 ultra like 5 years
ago?

BTW theear I think I will build my master reference
subwoofer. Think 16 cubic feet, 4-6 18 inch pr from tcsounds and two
lms 5400. Think flat from 16-80 hertz @130 db 1/2 space. Think 600
pounds plus. Think two crown xti4000 maybe 4 for each voice coil later.

Drool drool drool....Do it Jay, please, I bet I could hear that thing here in ATL if you did...