Pure madness Anybody in for a little challenge?

TheEAR

After hearing some talk about the jbl f113 I researched it and came across the Gotham. I fell in love instantly. Im new to the scene and I have a rw-12d and for my room it hits plenty hard and low. I just can not comprehend what a Gotham would sound like. It must be pure insanity. I myself am a big fan of the low's.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an acquaintance who has 38 TV sets, some color, some black and white, some with remotes, some that work some that don't. He also has 4 junk cars and car parts stewn on his yard. On Saturdays he goes outside in his bacon striped tighty whites and pounds his fists against his bare chest and anounces his collection to the neighbors. Can you beat that?

Your neighbor is Jeff Foxworthy?

those TC LMS 5400's must be the most biggest, badest woofers I have ever seen!

well biggest baddest ones that are not stupid like some subs out there

*COUGH!*COUGH!*JACKHAMMER!*COUGH!*COUGH!*

After hearing some talk about the jbl f113

JBL?!?!?!?!?!? BLASPHEMOUS TYPO!!!!!!!

hehe

those TC LMS 5400's must be the most biggest, badest woofers I have ever seen!

well biggest baddest ones that are not stupid like some subs out there

*COUGH!*COUGH!*JACKHAMMER!*COUGH!*COUGH!*

After hearing some talk about the jbl f113

JBL?!?!?!?!?!? BLASPHEMOUS TYPO!!!!!!!

hehe

Great now we have stoopid subs!

Yes the JL Audio GOTHAM will rule all sealed subs,ALL...in quality! Yeeeehaw and I will get one...POST PICS and silence the remaining doubters. LOL

Also FLASH news people...more loose bolts in my cranium!!! Like it is news to anybody here....[:o] I will order the DANLEY sub! Yes the DANLEY...must hear what the earth shaking is all about....

Must knock a few pictures from my walls...like some reviewers who review $200 squakers [:P]

He he he

That MTX jackhammer doesnt look like it performs very well for its size. On pimp my ride (tv series) they put one in the back of a car and cranked it up....on the db reader they were only getting 100db's at listening position and they were all sitting there pretending 100db's was amazingly loud (shouting at each other stupidly, saying it was moving wax in their ears etc) seems to me it just a sub for showing off with.....wow look at me i have a 21 inch sub, and its bigger than yours.....omg.......for them to pretend that 100dbs was so loud, it musnt output much more.....

That is total nonsense

As freaky as the Jackhammer is it can out displace the JL W7 13" around FOUR TIMES! They can get over 135dB with ease @ 20Hz in a car...and more. 100db...give me a break,you can do better,much better with a low cost 8" @ 20Hz in a car.

I am just speaking from experience from what I watched. either they musnt have wanted to turn it up any more or their Db reader was dodgy as all hell.

This I do not know,what I am sure of is one freaky Jackhammer can stun you when pushed ...would even do so as an IB sub in a room. There is simply no replacement for displacement here.

I agree $7500 for a driver,is insane.And I would buy one,was it not...over 350lbs for the driver! This is a freak show product,not because it is not a real deal.Because of the TITANIC weight! I mean come on,how big and heavy in an apropriate cabinet! [^o)] And the amp needed,the most potent Crown should do fine.

Hmm, would ear get one? Enclosure and everything. I mean really, Jay
says his "master sub" will weigh over 600 lbs....just a thought, though
I'm sure the Jay's sub would sound way better, but it'd still be fun, i
think, to have a jackhammer in my house, just so long as it doesn't
break the floor[:P]

Any consideration for what's being done to the ear structure. Once they gone, they gone for good. Then you can boom boom t'il your hair parts and it'll be of little enjoyment. Just one episode of too loud a noise can result in permanent damage. Just a thought.

My brother once had 14 washers and 6 driers all of the same type. He parted them out and kept an operational set for decades. He's certifiably looney too.

IMO 3 TC-LMS5400's would have to smack the Jackhammer around. Wasnt Jay planning to get the 18 inchers? The pure excursion those drivers are capable of is just mind blowing (to me anyway)

probably.... and yes I am expecting two 18 inchers with 4-6 18 in pr to get the best response and most efficency. They are rated 38 mm one way but in reality its alot more as tcsounds limits xmax to 10% thd. its real xmax is like 50 mm or so or 4-5 inches xmax